Monday, April 23, 2018

A Team Week 185: "Spring Break"

This week was Asher's Spring Break week.  It was also a busy week at work and slightly chaotic.  When Friday came I had a meeting in the morning at work but as soon as it was over I headed to pick up the boys at daycare so that we could share a little bit of fun before the week was over.

After I picked them up we ran one errand and then headed over to the library.  From there I gave them  the choice of going to the Burger King Playplace, going home for popcorn and a movie or going to Monkey Joe's to jump around.  They chose the third option, so that is what we did.  Apparently all of the other parents in Kenosha had the same idea because it was CRAZY busy and crowded but the boys boys still had fun.











I never realized how tiring bouncing around is until this day.  After about two hours of jumping around the boys were both red-faced, sweaty and exhausted.  We headed home and still had some time before Eric got home from work so we went to the basement for a movie.  Since I'd recently gotten the Wizard of Oz DVD from my cousin Jackie, I decided to introduce them to the classic while we enjoyed some delicious ice cream sundaes.  :)

Avery had to get every last drop of ice cream from his bowl!

Asher and I enjoyed the movie (although Asher was a little afraid of the witch and monkeys and needed to sit by Avery and I), but Avery was too tired to enjoy it.  Within 10 minutes of the movie starting Avery was passed out snuggled with me and stayed that way for the remainder of the movie.



When the movie was finished we spent the rest of the time until Eric made it home using our new library books (How to Draw Dragons and How to Draw Ninja Turtles) to make some cool pictures.

Avery gave up quickly and asked me to draw his for him.

Once Eric made it home we all went out for dinner downtown at Kaiser's.



Finally, our fun-filled Friday came to a close and it was time for bed.  Both boys were completely passed out in minutes.





Eric found Asher like this when he checked on him before bed.  :)

The next day was Saturday and a little fun continued as the boys headed to Menards to get supplies for a new birdhouse and then got to work constructing it.





This little guy loves his tools!

Drilling the holes for the birdhouse.



Avery got to drill the holes for the birdhouse resting pegs.


My boys and their finished product!
When the birdhouse was finish and installed the boys couldn't wait to see how long it would take for some new occupants.  Apparently the bird house market in Kenosha is as hot as the human house market because within a minute or two a few birds had come to check it out and within 10 minutes a couple was already moving in.

After the birdhouse the boys both wanted to play with Mommy and Daddy needed a little break.  I figured it was a good time to play Ice Cream Shoppe and try out my new ice cream play set...





No comments:

Post a Comment