The boys finished their 'snow plow' and pretended to drive it around the yard...but I'm pretty sure it wasn't able to actually move without coming apart...
![]() |
Facebook Post: Pretty sure this is payback for all the times I sat at the dinner table for hours not wanting to eat my dinner |
Another taste of Spring weather on my day off meant that I got to clean Asher's room (& throw away of lot of stuff) while the boys were distracted and building a fort outside...
We also had a fun morning and early afternoon at some friends' house. When we got home it was well after our normal rest time so I told the boys that they could skip it as long as they played quietly in the house so that I could rest a little. When I came back downstairs I discovered that they were preparing for a "party" (complete with party hats they pulled from the basement closet) and had rearranged much of the dining room furniture. Asher wasn't impressed that I made him put everything back...
Eric's mom had her surgery, so the boys sent her some love...
Video: Sending Love to Grammy
On Saturday Avery entertained me for a bit while Asher and Eric were gone with his ninja turtle antics, a "kelton" mask and some of his favorite jokes...
Video: Ninja Turtle Conversation + Under There/Underwear
I got to go shopping on my own for a bit. I wanted to find something cute for the boys to wear to Eric's brother's upcoming wedding and figured before Easter was a good time. They are going to look sharp!...
I made meatloaf for dinner and Avery was being his normal picky self. To get him to eat faster, Eric taught him about the "I Hate Meatloaf" scene from A Christmas Story.
Video: Meatloaf Beatloaf
A few months ago Asher brought home a reader book called "Sundae Time" which is basically a step-by-step recipe to make a banana split. At the time I suggested that we should try to make the sundae before he had to bring the book back, but unfortunately it was the same time back in January that our entire family got horribly sick. This week he brought the book home again and since I'd already made brownies earlier in the week and the first ingredient of the sundae is brownie I decided now was the perfect time to make it. The boys were totally thrilled! I got out all of the ingredients that the book calls for (browning, banana, ice cream, hot fudge, candies and berries) and then Asher read the book to me while I took his instruction and made the sundae. Then the three of us dug in. The boys were so excited that they couldn't even wait long enough for me to take a picture. :)
![]() |
| Facebook Post: What do you do when your kid comes home with a homework reader book telling you how to make a sundae? ...you do what it says!! #sundaetime #theycouldntwaitforapicture |
Video: Asher Reads "Sundae Time"
The next week started off with a work meeting at a client's home. As I walked up to the house I kept seeing something move at the garage window. When I got closer I realized that it was a chipmunk on the window sill. When I got closer still I realized that the chipmunk was actually on the inside of the garage!
While I had my meeting that evening, Eric picked up the boys and got them some much-needed haircuts. They were very excited when they got home that night to show me the mohawks that they got!
![]() |
| Asher looks so old to me in the picture! :( My little guy is growing up MUCH too fast!! |
I tried a new recipe that I'd discovered on Pinterest. It was big hit!...
![]() |
| Facebook Post: It’s a major win when you try a new recipe and EVERYONE eats it with no complaints and wanting more! #scoreformom |
The boys got a surprise Easter package in the mail from Grammy and Gramps...
![]() |
| Working hard to put their new Legos together. |
This week I was determined to make some cute T-Shirts that I'd seen online for our boys and our nephews for Easter. I went to the Dollar Tree to get them shirts and spent about half an hour sifting through the selection to find 6 shirts of the correct sizes. When I got them home I compared them to some of the boys' shirts at home and realized that some where way too big. So, later in the week I headed back to the Dollar Tree to exchange a few for different sizes and sifted through the selection again. That night I drew up the design on my computer and washed all of the shirts. Then on Wednesday night I went to cut out the design stencils with my cutting machine and when I went to turn on the machine I got NOTHING. I tried everything I could think of and I could not get it to turn on. Thus, my hopes to make the cute shirts were crushed, no shirts were made, and I mourned the loss of my beloved cutting machine. :( Fast forward two weeks to this past Monday when I found a different cord and realized I had been plugging the machine in with the wrong one. I had tried several different cords and none of them worked but in my search the actual one I needed didn't come up. Apparently it makes a difference. :P
Side story: As I mourned the loss of my crafty sidekick, Asher could tell that I was pretty bummed and wanted to know why. When I told him that my cutting machine was broken he said that we should just buy me a new one. I then told him that the machine is expensive, so it isn't really something I can just go out and buy. He responded by saying that we could gather up a bunch of stuff we no longer need and make some lemonade and then we could have a big garage and lemonade sale to get money for a new cutting machine. Love his thoughtfulness. <3
Asher made his little brother some puppets to play with...
When I was shopping this week I also bought Asher some new underwear and socks. Never knowing what to pick I looked at all the options and selected some Fruit of the Loom Breathable Boxer Briefs, thinking that would be good since he seems to be getting sweatier and stinkier as he gets older. I brought them home and washed them and he wore them for the first time (still at the age that he gets excited about new underwear). That night I asked him how the new undies worked out and he said that he was bummed because he had to pull down his pants when he went pee because they “don’t have a wiener hole”. I immediately had two thoughts: 1. Checking to see if they had a barn door (no idea what it’s actually called) never crossed my mind (I didn't even know that some boy underwear came without one). 2. I would never have had this problem if I had had girls!
On Thursday night we ended the week a little early with the start of Easter weekend and Asher's Spring Break. When I picked Asher up from the YMCA program that night he gave me a 'B' Bunny picture he'd made out of paper, Elmer's glue and marshmallows. I carried it carefully because the glue had not dried yet and was still white and creamy on the page. When we got home I placed it gently on our kitchen table to dry and then headed into the basement to fold up some laundry before I packed for our weekend ahead. As I was folding I suddenly heard the boys laughing and then Asher rushed downstairs saying, "Mommy, guess what. Something funny happened." I was already feeling a little stressed from the week and then he proceeded to tell me that Avery grabbed his bunny and threw it up in the air and now it is stuck to the ceiling. He thought it was hilarious and expected me to return the laughter but all I could picture was a mess of white glue and marshmallows stuck to my ceiling. I ran upstairs to survey the damage and was extremely relived to find that the bunny in question was not the bunny Asher had glued earlier that day but rather a small toy bunny that the boys had gotten in their package from Grammy and Gramps. #relieved.

























No comments:
Post a Comment