On Wednesday the boys had dentist appointments which meant that I took my day off on that day instead of Friday. Avery and I got to enjoy the morning at home together and then we picked up Asher a little after lunch to head to the dentist. Both boys did very well and had no cavities (although I was warned that we will be advised for Asher to see an orthodontist around this time next year!). The appointment was also a bit surreal and sad for me as it was the very first time that both of my boys went into the back for their cleanings completely on their own! Time really needs to slow down! :(
![]() |
| Asher's crazy X-rays freaked me out a bi! |
On Thursday night the boys enjoyed dancing to Alexa's tunes while Eric made dinner...
Video: Dancin' Fool
On Friday Eric picked up Asher from school since I had to work. Asher conveniently "forgot" to order hot lunch that day so he got to go to Burger King for lunch with Daddy.
That night, excited that Spring was finally starting to show up, we all headed to Big Star for our first drive-in meal of the season!
Saturday was mostly a cool dreary day. In the morning Avery and Eric spent some time at Menards and then afterwards when BOTH boys were begging me to play with them I decided to get out Eric's old Lego Pirate Ship to build with the boys. It was a good activity that kept them fairly entertained for a few hours as they helped me and watched me build.
That night, we also had our first family bonfire of the season cooking up some grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and s'mores for dinner and dessert.
![]() |
| The boys and I pretending to go sledding! |
Finally, as I mentioned above, the week ended with more sickness after we woke during the night to Asher throwing up and then had a fussy Avery who woke and quickly warmed up to a not-so-nice 103. :(
![]() |
| Before I knew he was sick I took advantage of his desire for some more sleep and snuggles with Mommy. |
![]() |
| Avery quickly made himself comfortable hogging ALL of the futon! |
Since we couldn't go anywhere on Sunday with two sick boys we spent a very lazy day at home playing, snuggling and getting some much needed extra rest. Even the boys who both insisted that they didn't need naps quickly passed out when Eric set them up with a movie in the basement.
![]() |
| Eric got his drone out for (I think) the first time this year. |
Funny faces are always entertaining...especially when you're sick! :)
Lego Pirate Ship: The work in progress.





































No comments:
Post a Comment