Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A Team Week 189: When the Stars Align

Most of our weeks are decent but pretty much the same.  Some of our weeks are remarkably awful.  And then every once in a blue moon the stars align to create a perfect week full of fun and COLORFUL moments.  This week, I am thrilled to say, was one of the latter.

Our first splash of colorful joy was the blossoming of our Magnolia tree.  This year it seemed to take longer than usual as the winter dragged on but eventually Spring arrived and the flowers came with!
FB Post: Well it finally happened. I wasn’t sure it would come this year, but Spring is here!! #nofilterneeded


Another fun event of the week was Asher's class field trip to the Milwaukee Zoo.  While it makes me slightly sad when the boys do fun things without me, I am thrilled that Asher got to do something fun and educational with his fellow Kindergarteners.  It happened to be a rainy day, but from the pictures I saw and the stories he came home with it sounds like they did not let the rain ruin their fun.

Asher petting a chinchilla.


When Asher had his last field trip in the Fall, Eric drew a BB-8 snowman on his lunch bag.  This time, Eric secretly hoped that Asher wouldn't remember and make him draw a new picture but that was not the case.  Asher's lunch bag this time around featured a drawings of "Kylion Ren".  Apparently Star Wars will be the traditional theme! ;P


On Friday we shared an event full of Color and Fun at Asher's Color Run Fundraiser to raise money for a new playground at the school.  With the help of several friends and family Asher was able to raise over $200 which not only benefits his school but also benefitted him with a few bonus prizes for hitting several fundraising goals.
Along with a T-Shirt, some necklace collectables and a bottle of Color Blast, Asher also received a pair of 80's style sunglasses and a very colorful wig.  His teacher took this picture of him in his classroom, but he refused to wear it afterwards.  Apparently, his friends in class were making fun of him for it so he wanted nothing to do with it.

Avery and I headed there at 9:00 on Friday morning and then waited for Eric to meet us there and for Asher and his class to come outside.  In the meantime little man had fun playing on the big-kid playground equipment.

Video: Avery's (Self-Titled) President Trump Song
This was before Avery and I left for the Color Run.  We have no idea where he came up with this...I didn't even know he knew who Trump is.  I asked his daycare about it and she said she doesn't know either despite the fact he said he learned it at Christina's.  :P





Video: Eric & Avery Race

Once Asher's class and the other Kindergarten and First Grade classes came outside the Color Run was ready to start.  Asher's teacher gave me his wig and after an attempt to get him to wear it so that we could get a picture I gave up and put it on myself hoping to show him that he could be himself without having to care what his classmates thought.  He wasn't so convinced.  I told him his friends were just jealous that they didn't get one.

Asher's class before the run.



Video: FP Color Run


Avery and I were caught on school camera at the start of the run/walk.

Eric didn't want to get too colorful since he had to go back to work, so rather than walking with us he ran around and took some photos.  He did eventually decide that a little color wouldn't hurt.












The face of a kid "too cool" for his family?







Asher's teacher Mrs. Beistle.

Even though Asher refused to wear the wig, it didn't take long for Avery to decide it was pretty rad and want to wear it.




Even Eric got in on the action! :)



When Asher's class was done with their portion of the color run, Eric headed back to work.  Since the kids were going to spend the entire day outside I had planned for Avery and I to stay there for the remainder of the morning but after watching a couple other classes do their run it started to rain.  The kids were sent back inside and Avery and I decided to head home for a little while.















Avery and I went home for a little over an hour where he was feeling inspired by the colorful morning and insisted on painting.  When it got close to noon we got in the van and headed back over to the school for the Color Run finale.

For the finale, each of the kids were given a color packet to throw up into the air and "Paint the Playground".  Kids that raised enough money (like Asher) were also given a Color Blasting Bottle to spray everywhere.  When everyone was together and ready we counted down from 10 and then watched the colors fly!

Asher's School BEFORE the Color Run Finale.

Asher's School AFTER the Color Run Finale.



From my view on the ground, the Color Run finale was like a vibrant war zone.  The kids were all blasted; getting covered in red, blue, green, yellow, orange and purple powder.  Some kids were even laying on the ground trying to get more of the fallen colors on them and at one point Avery (who I believe took a cue from those kids) was laying in a pile of yellow powder making a snow color blast angel.  :P














Asher enjoying his Color Blaster











Asher with his teacher and classmates.



Parent volunteers

Asher and friends (Parker, Cayden & Bradley)

When the kids were done the school day was officially over and everyone went home.  Asher and Avery were not quite ready to let the fun die though.  They played for a while longer with Asher's Color Blaster and then decided to finish it off by dying a puddle green.  Eventually I did finally get them to head to our van where I carefully wrapped them in towels and buckled them into their seats in an attempt to get them home without destroying our van.




Love these Boys! <3














Mess!





Even though Asher refused to wear his wig at school, the moment that we got into the van and out of the sight of any of his friends he wanted to wear it! ;)

When we got home, I carefully headed into the house to take a shower while I made the boys promise to stay outside.  Then I made them lunch to eat on the back porch and then carefully led them upstairs to the bathroom to wash them up.  Most of the bathroom floor and all of the tub was green and purple, but thankfully it cleans up easily!



FB PostChewbacca at the Color Run #maythe4thbewithyou

Video: Chewbacca at the Color Run


That afternoon and evening we had a little more family time at the park and dinner which was not as colorful as the day had been but still quite enjoyable.

Video: Independent Swinging
A joyful (brief) moment at the park when both boys were swinging completely on their own...It didn't last long as Avery is still learning to pump, but I'll take what I can get!




On Saturday our fun and delightful week continued with a gorgeous summer-like day.  We started it off with a family bike ride to Meijer.






When we returned from our bike ride (& consoled Asher from the drama of somehow riding into a fire hydrant (?)) the boys quick-changed into their swimming suits and had a blast playing in the water outside while I enjoyed the sunshine, warmth and my bible study.


FB Post: #whitemeat #wisconsinboys #enjoyingitwhileitlasts

FB Post: The perfect day: A summer-like day in Wisconsin, the smell of Magnolia blossoms above, boys happily playing and my new bible study #armorofgodstudy #blessed


Avery decided to give himself a mud bath.
Video: Mud Bath

That afternoon (after lunch and rest time) we all headed to Menards where we picked out some flowers to add some Color to our yard and then we headed downtown to Scoops for some Colorful cones of icy creamy deliciousness.

Avery (of course) picked the most colorful flavor of all (his favorite): Superman!






When we got back home with bellies full of ice cream, Avery and I quickly got to work to plant our colorful flowers around the house.  He was a great little helper working hard to dig holes, plant the flowers and fetch me plants as we moved along.









Finally, it was Sunday and we finished out our perfect week with a very lazy day at home and church.


Video: Yellow Hair!
Even Avery's hair got a splash of color this weekend!

Video: Mulch Delivery

Video: Baby Shark
A COLORFUL video of Avery & I to end the week

No comments:

Post a Comment