Sunday, May 5, 2019

Kohl Children's Museum

As I mentioned in my last post, Asher didn't have school on Friday, March 29th.  Since that day was also during the week of Spring Break for his old best buddy Theo, I decided to be brave and take the kids on an adventure to the Kohl Children's Museum in Glenview, Illinois to meet up with Theo, his mom (& my friend) Britni and his little sister Lilou.  I was a little nervous of how the day would go, being my first all-day outing on my own with all three kids, but thanks to Britni's help it was a great day.

We arrived at the museum a little after 10am and spent about five hours there playing and checking out each of the exhibits (except the "girly ones" which the boys wanted nothing to do with).  I thought that we would be doing a little bit of everything, but really we spent about 85% of our time at the blocks area because Asher was obsessed with building things which is pretty typical of him.

Build It! Exhibit


















Hands On House Exhibit

Water Works Exhibit
















Ravinia Festival Music Makers Exhibit

DJ Theo and DJ Avery mixin' it up!




Spot Hero Car Garage Exhibit
At the Car Wash!




Cooperation Station Exhibit


Nature Explorers Exhibit


My little chicks!





All About Me Exhibit
If you read my last post, this exhibit is where the kids got their faces painted.  Britni worked on each of them (although Asher did most of his on his own) while I nursed Hazel and she thrilled Avery by converting him to the tiger he longed to be.










He was so happy to be a tiger...if only he could have left it on FOREVER!


Roar!!






Powered By Nature Exhibit











Habitat Park Exhibit
At the end of our time there, we brought the kids to the exhibit that Asher had been BEGGING me to go to ALL DAY LONG!  When we had arrived at the museum, my GPS gave me directions to the service drive instead of the real drive, giving Asher a view of the museum's playground.  Since one of his most recent obsessions is monkey bars, that is pretty much all he could think about all day.  It was a bit brisk that day and I wasn't sure if Hazel would be warm enough, not to mentioned I paid good money to be at the museum so a playground wasn't exactly at the top of my agenda.  Before we left though, I did give Asher the opportunity to go out there and thankfully by then the wind had died a little and the sun was out so it was fairly enjoyable outside.  Britni, Hazel and I sat down and relaxed together while the kids played for a while.  Then, when they were finished, we prepared to head out...

...Before leaving the museum though, I (of course) had to document all four of the kids together for our fun day.  Boy do I miss being able to hang out with this family! <3  We took some adorable pictures of our little animals and then loaded into our vans, but we didn't head far.  Instead, we drove just a little way up the street to the nearest Ben & Jerry's for ice cream.  It was THE MOST EXPENSIVE ice cream I've every purchased (seriously I was shocked with the guy told me how much money I owed for three small cones), but it was delicious and a great way to end the fun day with friends.









No comments:

Post a Comment