Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Hazel's Moana Birthday

On March 5th of 2021, almost 2 full months AFTER Hazel's 2nd birthday and after rescheduling 2 times due to COVID, we were FINALLY able to host Hazel's 2nd Birthday Party.  Because of Hazel's love for Moana, we decided to go with a Luau/Moana theme making it feel warm and sunny inside even though it was cold and wintery outside.

I decorated with leis, Hawaiian themed decor and some Moana decorations.  To eat we went with a "pig roast" of pulled pork from Mission BBQ along with fruits, veggies and chips.  For the cake, I found a simple Moana-looking design online which I completed with some edible flowers I found at the craft store.  Finally for fun, we all headed outside where we beat up the awesome pineapple piñata that Erika and Hudson made and we also burned off some sparklers...

Hazel in our Hawaiian dress which I scored 2nd-hand for $2!


The cake.

Me and the birthday girl.













Video: Pineapple Piñata!





Hazel showing off her goodies from the piñata.













Video: Sparklers











Hazel got this unicorn coat from my parents for her birthday and immediately fell in love.  She wore it almost all the time for the next couple of weeks.






Video: Happy Birthday to You







Hazel was also quite obsessed with the leis and was pretty sure that all 36 of them were hers. ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment