Thursday, February 23, 2012

What I've Learned So Far...

So I figured that before I forget it all, I should write down everything that I've learned about pregnancy to this point...as I am definitely a novice at this, the list likely won't be long, but here goes:

1. Feeling nauseous all the time isn't very fun, but I am thankful that I at least didn't get sick much in my 1st Trimester.
2. Spelling the word nauseous is difficult for me, and I get it wrong pretty much every time.
3. Preggo Pops/Drops help some, although they are not a 100% cure.
4. Always keep a ziplock back in the car...you never know when the urge to purge will come up (literally), and you'll be stuck at a stop light.
5. Pregnancy hurts pretty much every part of your body, not just your abdomen.  I've felt like I am going through growing pains all over again (especially in my legs).
6. I have no idea how people that already have kids get through pregnancy, which brings on a whole new meaning of tired.
7. Thinking of fun ways to share our news is difficult, but worth it.
8. Waiting until the right time to share the big news is most difficult...especially when your mother-in-law is a PA.
9. Ultrasounds are awesome!  I could never get sick of seeing our little blessing wiggle around within me.
10. A stretching belly is both painful and itchy...and it makes me wonder if I will ever see my belly button again.
11. 3D ultrasounds, although interesting, are creepy.
12. Pregnancy clothes are expensive, but the belly band is a great invention.
13. Baby kicks are the best, although one of the strangest feelings.
14. Swimsuit shopping while pregnant is not very fun.
15. Pregnancy makes coughing and singing more difficult.

Well, I think those are most of my thoughts for the moment...in no particular order.  Now I will just share some pictures of my growth since week 13 and our Facebook announcement.  I can't believe that we are already on the downhill side of this pregnancy...and I think I better get moving on the nursery quick!




01.22.12 - 16 Weeks

01.28.12 - 17 Weeks

02.06.12 - 18 Weeks

02.11.12 - 19 Weeks

02.06.12 - "M" is for Migrin

02.06.12 - 18 Weeks

02.19.12 - 20 Weeks

02.20.12 - Facebook Announcement

No comments:

Post a Comment