Wednesday, May 23, 2012

UP Baby Shower

About a week and a half ago now, Eric and I headed up to the UP for my 2nd Baby Shower.  This one was thrown by my mom and held at the Carney Evangelical Free Church.  Quite a few people showed up, and we had a really good time.

Everyone waiting for the shower to start.

Eric & I

Mom did a great job with her hand-crafted decorations and kept with our nursery's owl theme.




We played one game: Guess that Baby.  We were each given a sheet with a bunch of baby pictures and a list of names, and then had to match the names with the faces.  Erika & I won with 2 wrong each...although I'm not sure it was totally fair, since we'd both seen most of the pictures before.  Lucky for everyone else, they had lots of prizes included homemade toffee that Mom made and some caramel corn that Linda Triest made.



Can you guess who is who?  Here are the possibilities:
Aaron, Erika, Mom, Dad, Eric, Me, Micah, Caleb, Aunt Bonnie, Rachel, Aunt Carol, Cindy Swille, Judy Smith, Laura Strietzel & Grandpa K (See below for the answers).


After the Baby Game, we played the Price is Right.  At first I thought this may actually be a game as well, but as I watched I began to wonder if it was rigged...when I heard my name called I knew the answer.  It turns out that my Mom was looking for game ideas and when she saw the Price is Right, she thought of my Bucket List dream to be on the Price is Right, so they decided to grant my wish.  It was pretty funny & a bit embarrassing, but I survived and had fun.




The next item on the agenda was a devotional, which Erika did...and she did a great job!  She even choked me up a bit.  If you care to read what she said, it is below.  I felt really special to have someone that I know and love so well do the devotional for me, and I couldn't help but think that the tables had been turned 3.5 years ago at Erika's Bridal Shower.














The food was supposed to be our next activity, but due to some oven malfunctions Eric & I opened some gifts while we waited for the eggs to finish cooking.  Eventually though, we did get to eat, so here  are a few shots of the spread:
Mini Fruit Pizzas

Baby Cart Fruit Salad
Breads, Muffins, Eggs, Berry Salad...it was all delicious!!

And for the main event, Eric and I opened up our gifts.  We are so thankful for everyone that came and shared are special day with us.  Thank you!!!



Eric & I with Bono's new Owl Pillow
The Owl Nursing cover that Erika made for me...so cute!

Eric with his Daddy Emergency Kit from Aunt Carol & Aunt Judy!...I think this means that he is officially put on diaper duty! :)




Eric & I with our handmade quilt from Aunt Pat.



As I said, it was a great shower, and we were truly blessed by our amazing friends and family!  A special thanks to Mom for putting it all together, to Linda, Janet, Laura, Sherry & Judy for making fools of themselves for the laughter of everyone else, and Erika for giving me her thoughts on Motherhood!


Baby Game Answers: 1. Aaron, 2. Cindy Swille, 3. Caleb, 4. Aunt Carol, 5. Mom, 6. Eric, 7. Grandpa K, 8. Judy Smith, 9. Rachel K, 10. Aunt Bonnie, 11. Micah, 12. Me, 13. Laura S, 14. Dad 15. Erika



No comments:

Post a Comment