When Eric & I thought about someday having a baby, we always said that we would go on a babymoon to enjoy a final getaway just the two of us. When we found out that we were expecting last Fall, we maintained this position, but had no idea what to do or where to go. At the time, it seemed like we had so much time and the baby's arrival was so far away. However, time traveled MUCH more quickly than we expected and with everything else going on in life, there just wasn't the time to take off, a place that we could decide upon, or the finances to do it. Thus, when we heard that we had the opportunity to enjoy the cottage by ourselves for Memorial Day weekend, we jumped it. It wasn't a week long vacation, and it wasn't some exotic place that we haven't been before, but it was quiet, relaxing, convenient and cost-effective. We had a great 4 day weekend in Michigan doing a lot of nothing, and although it would have been fun to do an actual vacation in a far-off place, I have no regrets with what we ended up doing.
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Baby+Racoons.JPG) |
| On Friday morning, we had a few little visitors. They are not exactly visitors that people enjoy, but they sure are cute! |
Throughout my pregnancy, Eric & I kept wishing that Rob could see my baby bump, so that we could compare. Since he lives in DC, I didn't think it would happen. It just so happened though that the weekend that we were in Coldwater, Rob flew into Livonia (2 hours away) for a wedding. Eric gave him a call and jokingly told him that he should drive out to visit us for a bit before the wedding. We didn't really expect that he would come, but on Friday afternoon he did join us and then headed home Saturday morning. It was so great to see him. I did feel bad later though, when I realized that he had wanted to feel the baby move, but was afraid to ask. Although I am not crazy about people touching my belly, I would have allowed it for him. Oh well...maybe next time (if there is a next time).
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Rob+&+I.JPG) |
| Rob & I comparing our bumps. |
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Rob+&+I.JPG) |
| Saturday morning at Big Boy. |
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Rob+&+Eric.JPG) |
| Eric, Big Boy & Rob comparing their bumps. |
After Rob left, the rest of the weekend consisted of naps, enjoying the beautiful weather, a couple of trips to the ice cream store, reading, swimming and enjoying the company of one another.
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Emma.JPG) |
| Emma found a great place to relax (high enough to see outside the doors as well). |
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Me.JPG) |
| Eric set me up with my own little spot of shade by the lake. |
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Eric.JPG) |
| Eric reading the Hunger Games. |
+Cottage+Babymoon+-Eric+&+I.JPG) |
| Eric & I with 5.5 weeks to go. |
Looks like a lot of fun :-) You look great, Tracy! That photo of you and Robby is too funny! Can't wait to see you guys and meet my first niece/nephew soon!!!! Love, julie
ReplyDelete