Week 8!!?? Where does the time go? This week is my last full week at home. That is not to say that I am going back to work yet, but I won't be at home for parts of the next 2 weeks. I told my boss that I would go back to work after Labor Day, but as one person said to me, I never said which year! :) Actually, I have not given him an official day for my return yet, but I am thinking that most-likely September 12th will be the day (unless he has an issue with that). I know for a fact that when I return to work I will be working for the weekend even more that I was before, so that I can spend some quality time with my guys. Thus, with limited time left at home with my little man I am doing my best to cherish the remaining moments that I have left. That said, here are the moments of the week...
August 18, 2012:
Saturday started off with a short morning visit with Grandma & Grandpa K before they headed out to spend the day with Aaron, Erika & the kids. After that we enjoyed a lazy morning as a family with some cuddle/movie time on the couch, followed by a late morning nap. When we finally motivated in the afternoon, we headed over to Woodman's to brave a major grocery trip with Asher in tow and stock up our pantry & new freezer (I believe it is now the most full it has ever been). It went fairly well, although he started to get a bit fussy toward the end...I don't blame him though, I always get a bit cranky at the end of a Woodman's outing too...it is just too big of a store and takes too long to shop there, who wouldn't get a bit cranky?
+Baby+Life+-Mom+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Asher listening to Grandma's story. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg) |
| As you can see he is a pretty big fan of his goof grandma! :) |
+Baby+Life+-Dad,+Mom+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Grandpa & Grandma K with Asher |
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Daddy trying to make Asher smile like Grandma does. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg) |
| It worked. |
August 19, 2012:
On Sunday we headed over to church as always. Every Sunday, we hope that Asher will sleep during the service to not disrupt anyone. Unfortunately though, church is during Asher's awake time of the morning. On this particular morning he was also quite gassy (which is nothing new for him), and as we sat in our pew Asher let out a nice fart. We thought it was probably only loud enough for us to hear, but apparently sound travels in the sanctuary because after church several people commented on his "talent"...even people on the other side of the aisle!!
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher joined the blue hooded sweatshirt club...can't wait to get a picture of the whole family! :) |
After church, we decided that we wanted to get some pictures, because we really haven't taken any nice pictures of our new expanded family yet. Thus, we had a little photo shoot...
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher in his own personal Adirondack chair. |
+Baby+Life+-Me,+Asher,+Emma+&+Eric.jpg) |
| A family photo...It was a bit difficult to take the picture and make sure that Asher didn't fall over in his chair. |
+Baby+Life+-Me,+Asher,+Emma+&+Eric.jpg) |
| This picture makes me laugh. If you look to the left, you can see the stick that Eric threw to try to get Emma's attention for the photo...if you look at Emma you can see that it obviously didn't work. |
+Baby+Life+-Me,+Asher+&+Eric.jpg) |
| I wanted to get a picture of us kissing Asher on both of his cheeks at the same time. He wasn't as interested in that goal as I was. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg) |
| Eric posted on FB that I was teaching Asher a bad habit in this photo, but I would argue that it is actually the other way around. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg) |
| My Boys! |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg) |
| Migrin (or Smiley?) Big & Little Piggies. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg) |
| Eric teaching Asher a bad habit. |
Sorry, I'm too lazy to rotate the video, but enjoy...
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg) |
| Gotta love those chubby cheeks! |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg) |
| After about an hour of photos, Asher had had enough and decided to let us know. |
August 20, 2012:
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg) |
| Taking some pictures to email to Daddy at work. |
August 21, 2012:
On Tuesday Asher decided that naps were not necessary and refused to sleep during the day, making one exhausted Mommy. I love my little boy, but I have to admit that I was VERY happy for Daddy to get home this evening, so that I could have a little break.
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher is finally starting to learn that the gym is good for more than just sleeping. |
August 22, 2012:
Today I got the break that I had longed for yesterday. Asher slept for almost 2 hours in the morning, giving me a good morning nap. Then he slept for another 3-1/2 hours in the afternoon, allowing me to get some things done, including the bench seat cover for his nursery that has been on my to-do list for a LONG time, and comparison research on our daycare options. When I went to bed that night, Eric asked me if something was wrong. I said, "I miss Asher." Even though I had thoroughly enjoyed the easy, relaxing day, I felt guilty that I had not taken more advantage of the opportunities that I had had to spend with my little boy. Time is so short. Although I know that I do need breaks from time to time, I do not want to waste the time that God has given me with Asher.
On Wednesday night, Eric and I took Emma & Asher for a walk around the park. Since Thursday is trash day in our neighborhood, people were taking their trash out and one house on the opposite side of the park from us had a pile of little boy clothes and toys. Eric asked the owners if we could have them and then came back to get them all (it filled up the back of our van). On Thursday, Erika, Micah & Caleb came up for a visit, and although Asher slept most of the time that they were here, the older boys had a blast playing with all of the new toys that we scored. Plus Erika was able to take home an entire garbage bag full of clothes for them (since Asher won't be fitting into them for a while).
+Baby+Life+-Caleb.jpg) |
| Caleb wanted to play in Asher's baby gym...he is a bit big for it. I can't believe how much difference 1 year in age makes! |
August 24, 2012:
TGIF? Although I do look forward to Fridays and the weekend during my maternity leave (because it means that Eric will be home with us again) this Friday was bittersweet knowing that my leave is almost over. It was a pretty good day filled with snuggling, resting and a Cracker Barrel dinner with Aaron, Erika & the family.
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg) |
| His piggies always have fuzzies in them...just like his dad's! |
No comments:
Post a Comment