Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baby Life Week 36: Yay Asher!

This week was fairly uneventful, but that isn't a bad thing.  Probably the most memorable moment of it was when Asher learned to clap.  Although he has clapped a little here and there (probably more on accident than anything else), this week he learned to do it on purpose.  Now, whenever (I say whenever, but it doesn't seem to work when we try to get him to show someone else) we say "Yay Asher", he starts to clap for himself.  As Eric has said multiple times this week, "that is so cute!"  :)

Beyond the clapping, the week started off right with a visit from my Mom (she missed her grand baby, I think).  We didn't really do anything but relax together and enjoy some crockpot chicken tacos & tortilla soup.  It was nice to have some time at home with nothing big to do.  Eric & I did take advantage of our babysitter and went to see a movie on Saturday afternoon.  We saw Jack and the Giant Slayer, which we both enjoyed.

That evening, we did more relaxing and playing with Asher (I missed him terribly after our 3 hour date).  He decided that I was pretty cool because I had BOTH strings and a zipper on my sweatshirt.  How cool am I?


On Sunday, Mom had to head home and Eric and I spent more time relaxing at home.  We watched the Michigan vs. Michigan State game, and then I decided that Asher needed the appropriate attire to sleep in that night to celebrate the victory! :)  (Thanks Auntie Erika for making this...and for the matching booties!)

On Monday, Eric picked up Asher from daycare, but then decided that they should go back to work to say hi to everyone.
Asher aspiring to be like Daddy
On Tuesday we got a "major snowstorm".  Actually it was quite weak.  We probably got 7-8 inches of snow, but in general it was almost disappointing.  Since they talked it up so much on the news beforehand though, I was able to work from home that day so that I didn't have to get stuck in the storm.  It really wasn't necessary, but I did enjoy the quiet afternoon in the peace of my own home.



On Wednesday, Asher & I drove to Crystal Lake to enjoy our afternoon with Erika, Caleb & Micah.  The boys had to take their nap time while we were there, so unfortunately Asher didn't get to play much with them, but Erika & I did have some nice adult conversation time.

On Thursday, Asher showed interested in the stairs for the first time.  There is now a baby gate there (& hopefully will be a new one with a door sometime soon).

Finally, we ended the week with an outing to Culvers with our friends Britni, Fabien and their son Theo.  It was a nice low-key place to catch up with friends and allow the babies to be noisy (& a bit messy (Asher)).  It was also a great place to enjoy dinner AND dessert, and for us to end our week. 

Britni showing Theo how to enjoy the art of straw chewing (per Eric's instruction)



No comments:

Post a Comment