Life these days seems to be moving even faster than the previous 8 months. Prior to having Asher, it seemed that weeks often went by incredibly slow and I spent most of them waiting for Friday to come. Now, it almost feels like every other day is Friday. Although I still look forward to the weekends, I wish each week would go a bit slower so that I can have more time to enjoy my little guy.
Because of this fast paced life, I find myself having trouble remembering what happened during the week only days after it is finished. That is the case for this week. For the most part it was the same old routine with no real "memorable" moments. Thankfully though, photos and videos help us (me) to remember both the mundane moments and the funny little moments of Baby Life.
Video: Our Morning Baby - A Very Talkative Asher
On Saturday, I introduced Asher to the joys of banging on kitchen pots. He was quite intrigued by the opportunity to hit the pots, but couldn't quite get the hang of it himself and (unfortunately) ended up hitting himself by accident with the end of one of the spoons that I gave him to use as drum sticks. After that, he was less interested in banging and more interested in trying to chew on it. As he continued to play with the pot, I will admit that Eric and I were not paying full attention to him. A few minutes later, I turned and looked at him and he looked like this:
Awesome parenting on our part, right? All we can figure is that he spit up in the pot and then dumped it onto his face. Gross.
On Sunday, we had a good day playing at home.
![]() |
| Asher snuggling up to Eric while he talks with his mom. |
![]() |
| Asher playing in the kitchen with his newest toy (The Farm Jumperoo that we borrowed from Aaron & Erika). |
![]() |
| Asher was more interested in being under the Jumperoo than in it, so we made him a fort. |
Video: Asher Wrestles the Blanket (you gotta love the sound effects too!)
The rest of the week was pretty typical stuff with nothing really memorable to report. We worked, slept, ate and played with our favorite little boy. I did get to enjoy another Wednesday with him though and as a special treat I took him into work to see everyone again (the last time he was there was at 5 weeks old). Then we went to BabiesRUs to try and find some new baby gates...This is memorable only because I made the rookie parent mistake of forgetting to bring Asher a toy to play with as I pushed him around the store. When I realized my mistake, I let him play with my keys. Then I realized that letting him chew on germ-ridden metal keys, probably isn't the greatest idea, so I took them away. Asher was NOT impressed and made sure to let me hear it! I'd like to say I won't make that mistake again, but I'm not that optimistic.
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment