Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baby Life Week 50: Our Little Music Man

Week 50!!  I am trying not to hyperventilate as I type this.  How did we get to week 50 already?  There are only 2 weeks left and then Baby Life is over...then what Toddler Life...Toddler Tales??  This year has been a whirlwind.  It has easily been the fastest year of my life and yet delivering Asher last summer seems like eons ago.  When I think of how the year has passed, I think it goes so quickly because things change almost daily.  Pre-Asher every day seemed much like the day before.  The gray hairs came one by one, but gradually enough that it was not noticeable.  This year though, every day was new: Asher figuring out how to eat, smiling for the first time, laughing, rolling, sitting, crawling, teething, waving, clapping, standing, walking...  So much changes and as it does, it is hard to remember what the day before was like.  Honestly I don't really know if anyone cares to read this blog, but I am thankful for it.  Without it all of these memories might be lost...buried beneath the stresses of work, the financial anxieties, the household chores, the duties of a mom and wife.  In just the first year, I have frequently enjoyed going back to look through the (already) thousands of pictures we've taken of Asher and re-read the stories we've told of him.  I love to remind myself of the journey we've been on and the journey we continue to walk together as one happy little family.

This week, our journey started on a beautiful Saturday morning.  Eric and I were both in the mood for some good old family time, so after Asher's morning nap (and some cleaning & landscaping), we headed down to the lake to enjoy the Harbor Market and a nice stroll by the marina.

Asher & I watching the ducks.

After our time downtown, Eric and I picked up a pizza and enjoyed a quiet lunch in the back yard, while Asher enjoyed a nap in his carseat (don't worry, he was parked in the cool garage with all of the van doors and the garage door open to the cool breeze).  ...from there, the rest of the week is pretty much a blur to me.  Nothing really noteworthy happened.  For the most part, we just did all the same things we normally do.

Video: One thing that we have noticed lately is that Asher is becoming much more interested in music these days.  Growing up, I was always told that I would sing (at the top of my lungs) before I could even talk.  Asher is not a singer (at least not yet), but he does like to dance.  As I've said before, he likes to shake the Jumperoos to make them play music, but he also likes to make his other toys play their tunes so that he can bust a move.  The one in this video (one of his favorites) is a VTech nursery rhyme book.  ...As a side note, he also has gotten much more responsive to the worship time at church lately.  He often will "sing" or clap along to the music, but this particular weekend he went a little crazy.  I was on stage singing, while he was being held by a friend and rocking out.  He was clapping, waving his arms and boppin' his head...I wish I could have recorded it...it was all I could do not to bust out laughing up stage!

 Video: More Jumperoo

Finally, on Wednesday, Asher & I spent much of the day shopping (for the birthday party, family photos, Father's Day & Eric's Birthday).  While we were out I finally found a bike helmet small enough to fit him.  Thus, that evening, we enjoyed our first bike ride as a family...






No comments:

Post a Comment