The second day of our vacation was an absolutely gorgeous day. I had been afraid the night before that Asher would have a hard time going to sleep because I realized I forget to pack his lovies. I had hoped that he (maybe) wouldn't notice, but when I read to him that night he immediately looked at me and asked about his buddies. I felt like a failure of a mommy that I had forgotten them and set off to find a few of Avery's cuddly toys for Asher to snuggle with. Although they weren't quite the same (and Eric and I quickly realized that toys with rattles in them did NOT make for good sleeping buddies), Asher accepted them and fell quickly asleep. Avery on the other hand slept terribly (apparently not enjoying his sleeping arrangements) and woke me up six times between bedtime and morning, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. We made the most of a perfect, sunny Florida day...
As soon as we woke up, we all headed outside to go for a walk and explore the area. Since
Pass-a-Grille is at the end of the St. Pete Beach island (which is only a few blocks wide), we were able to walk around the entire Southern tip and enjoy both the Eastern and Western coasts. This morning, we walked to the West side, which was full of fishing piers and birds for our viewing pleasure.
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery enjoying his morning stroller ride. |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Eric & Asher checking out the view. |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation.jpg) |
| The sunrising over the waterway |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Asher walking very carefully to make sure he didn't step on the spaces between the boards...he might fall through you know! |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Looking over the edge |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Mrs.%2BM%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Grandma & Avery |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Avery & Daddy |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Enjoying the view and the snuggles with my little guy |
After a long time enjoying the morning sunlight, we decided it was time to head back to our motel for some breakfast. We had a simple breakfast of cereal and fruit in our room and then headed back outside to enjoy the other side of the island...the beach!
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery deciding it's time for some breakfast... |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Mr.%2BM%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| ...still hungry |
Since it wasn't quite a swimming temperature yet, we enjoyed walking down the beach, touching the waves with our toes, picking up seashells and chasing the seagulls. Asher loved having all of the open space to run around.
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Eric & Asher running around on the beach. |
Video: Eric & Asher Chased by the Waves
2 Videos: Chasing the Birds
By mid morning, it had warmed up enough for us to get our suits on and test out the pool with the kids. The sun felt amazing and the heated pool felt surprisingly nice as well. Asher was a little hesitant about the water and enjoyed splashing on the edge more than actually going in, but did enjoy being thrown into the air with Daddy. Once Asher found the water blaster though it was all over and all he wanted to do was squirt water everywhere. Avery on the other hand would have rolled right into the pool if I let him. For a while, I let him sit on the edge of the pool and splash his feet in the water while I held him under his arms. He would wiggle his butt back and forth, back and forth until he would fall into the pool. I'd catch him, sit him back on the ledge, and he'd do it all over again! Eventually, we let him go in the water with Daddy too, and after a while even I braved up enough to go in!
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2C%2BAsher%2C%2BAvery%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMr.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMr.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMr.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMr.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
When we were all done playing in the pool and Avery was getting tired and hungry again, Asher and Eric headed back out to the beach while Avery and I went inside. Once Avery was full and asleep, I loaded him into his stroller and headed over to meet the boys at the beach.
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| The Perfect Nap: Outside in the shade, listening to the waves crash on the shore in nothing but a diaper. |
When Avery and I arrived at the beach, Eric headed out to the grocery store with his dad to pick up some food, while his mom and I stayed to watch and play with the boys. I got right to work attempting to build a sandcastle with Asher, but he was more interested in destroying everything I constructed, than giving me the time to actually design and build something.
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Since it was also Eric's mom's birthday, I decided to forgo making a castle and worked on making a birthday cake for her. It was killing Asher that I wouldn't let him destroy it as I was forming it, but he was quite happy to help me decorate it with seashells when I was ready. |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMrs.%2BM.jpg) |
| Asher and Grandma with her birthday cake. |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMrs.%2BM.jpg) |
| Blowing out her candle. |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric.jpg) |
| In the meantime, Eric (who had forgotten his sunglasses in the van at the airport) found these awesome shades! :) |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Really enjoying his nap...arms behind his head and all!...he slept for almost 2 hours...the longest nap he's taken in months! |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMrs.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMrs.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMrs.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMrs.%2BM.jpg)
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BMrs.%2BM.jpg)
After a great morning full of walks by the water, swimming in the pool and building on the beach, it was time to head back to the motel for lunch and naps. Asher wasn't thrilled about nap time, but once he realized it wasn't an option and he was given a new $1 dinosaur buddy that Eric had picked up at while he was out shopping, he fell asleep just minutes after his stories. Avery wasn't interested in a nap after his almost 2-hour beach snooze, so Eric's mom took him for a long walk to give Eric and I a chance to get some rest ourselves (thank you!). We tried to get a little rest in our room, but couldn't stand being inside knowing it was so gorgeous outside. Thankfully, we had brought our baby monitor and since our room was right next to the pool we hooked it up, locked our door and then headed out to the pool deck to get some rest in the lounge chairs. It was like a mini-date. We both enjoyed some quiet time resting in the sun and then simply enjoyed talking while taking in the salty, warm breeze.
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery enjoying his walk (& his toes) with Grandma |
When Avery was back from his walk and Asher was awake from his nap, we all headed back out to the pool to take advantage of the opportunity to swim. Eric had bought a little inner tube for Asher at the dollar store on his trip out that morning giving Asher a bit more independence in the water, which he seemed to enjoy. Avery also enjoyed a little "independence" in the tube as well!
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Swimming in his inner tube |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2C%2BMr.%2BM%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Gramps swimming under Asher. |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Avery enjoying the tube |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery floating all alone?...no not really, but he seemed to kick back and relax despite the hands on his butt! :) |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Lovin' on Daddy |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Mr.%2BM%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Chillin' with Gramps |
Finally, our day in the sun was drawing to a close. After getting cleaned up from the fun of the day, we headed back to the beach to again say Na-Night to the sun. When it had gone to bed, we enjoyed a long walk to a fun restaurant called
The Wharf to have a birthday dinner for Eric's mom, followed by some cake and ice cream back at the motel before bed...a great way to end the day!
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Me%2C%2BAvery%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Walking out to the ocean with my boys |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Kisses for Avery |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Sunset.jpg) |
| Our gorgeous view |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Even Asher enjoyed watching the sun go to bed |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Mr.%2BM%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Asher & Gramps at The Wharf |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Mrs.%2B%26%2BMr.%2BM.jpg) |
| The Birthday Girl and Gramps trying out Fried Pickles |
%2BFlorida%2BVacation%2B-Eric%2C%2BAsher%2B%26%2BMr.%2BM.jpg) |
| The view from our table...Eric, Asher and Gramps went out to check out the pier and the fish. |
No comments:
Post a Comment