Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers Day 2015




Dear Mommy (Tracy),

So often, we find ourselves reading what you have typed about us that we thought that is would be a good idea to give the world a little view of how we feel about you, so here it goes.

Avery (7 1/2 months old):  As you know, I absolutely adore you.  You are so much more than my mommy and my food source.  You are my true love and best friend.  When it is just daddy and I, he can usually distract me enough so that I can ignore how much I miss you.  However, as soon as you enter the room or I hear your voice or something reminds me of you, my heart aches and all I want to do is be in your arms.  Being held in your arms is the BEST place in the whole wide world and I would stay there continuously if you would let me.  You keep me warm, you keep my belly full and you are the only one in the family who is truly willing to put up with me no matter what.  Daddy and Asher can handle it for a while, but eventually I can break them.  But with you, I know that I can always get a snuggle, even in the middle of the night.  From the moment that our eyes first met on September 24th, and every time since then, I have never had a doubt in my mind that you love me and I love you.  Thank you for taking such good care of me, for forcing my gigantic ten pound body out of you, for caring for me constantly, for putting up with my crazyness and for loving me no matter what.  I LOVE YOU!!!

Asher (50 days from turning three):  As you know, I like to spend a lot of time with Daddy these days.  We have a lot of fun doing dirty, dangerous boy things together and I love it.  However, that doesn't mean that I don't love you.  Our Wednesdays off are my favorite time during the week.  With Daddy at work, I am able to spend time with you without him distracting me.  I love all of the creative and educational games that you play with me.  Playing playdoh, building duplos, coloring or doing the latest crazy craft idea that you found on pinterest.  I know that I can always come to you when I am hurt and your kisses make me feel better.  I can always count on you for a warm hug and a delicious treat.  I also love all the stuff that you teach me about Jesus.  It is fun to say grace with you at dinner and read the Jesus story on your ipad.  I don't completely understand who Jesus is yet, but you make him sound like someone I want to get to know.  Thank you for caring for me, for playing with me, for your encouragement and for your unconditional love for me.  I know that I am growing up fast and I am not as much of a mommys boy as baby Avery, but you will always be my first true love and I will never let you forget it.  I LOVE YOU!!!

Emma (just turned 7 years old (in human years)):  I know that you and Dad don't have much time for me these days, but I know that you still love me.  I am lucky that I got to be your first baby because you and Dad spoiled me like crazy for the first 5 years of my life.  Even though you guys don't have a lot of time for me these days, I don't ever doubt that you love me.  You make sure that you boys don't beat me up and you always remind Dad that we should all go for a walk.  I also appreciate that you let me clean up Asher and Avery's chairs after meal time.  I am happy that you and I are the only girls in the house.  We will make sure to keep these boys in line, take good care of them when they are sad or scared and clean up after their messes.  Thank you for loving me and for using you finger nails when you scratch my back.  I love that and I LOVE YOU!!!

Eric:  When God brought us together almost 15 years ago, I had no idea what an amazing life he would bless us with.  We were able to spend 11 wonderful years together before we officially started our family and we created so many amazing memories and had some great adventures. 

Little did I know that God had a much bigger adventure planned for us when we found out that we were going to have Asher.  Our time together as a couple was a wonderful time, but being a family with you and our kids is the most amazing experience I have had in my life.  Watching you care for Asher and Avery reminds me on a daily basis what an amazing woman God has given us.  Now, as the boys grow up, I enjoy watching them pick up little traits from you.  Some of these are genetic, others are them mimicking you.  Either way, it is a lot of fun to see how you rub off on the boys and how, in such a short period of time, you have already made positive impressions in their lives that will last long after you and I are gone.  I love looking into their faces or watching them play and seeing little bits of you showing in their faces and in everything that they do.  You are such a great mommy for our boys.

You should also know that we all appreciate your patience and unconditional love for us and know that it does not go unnoticed.  I know that sometimes you feel like we take advantage of you, but even though we don't always show it, we notice it.  We (I) try to remind you on a daily basis how much you mean to me and the boys, but the level of love and kindness that you show us is difficult for us boys to reciprocate.  If we had the time and money, we would lavish you with massages and hugs and kisses and hand feed you all of your favorite treats while you relaxed your life away.  Even if that were possible, it would only be a fraction of what you deserve.  You are such a blessing in our lives and we are so lucky to have such an amazing and wonderful wife and mother to share our family adventure with.  Thank you for being my best friend and my one true love.  I LOVE YOU!!!

I hope that today we are able to show you how much you mean to us.  Our lives would not be complete without you.  You are such an amazing woman and we are all lucky to have you in our lives.  We would be a complete mess without you.  We are so thankful for the fact that you take such good care of us.  We hope that you have an amazing mothers day and that you don't ever forget that WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Love,

   Eric, Asher, Avery and Emma.















































No comments:

Post a Comment