I think that any parent will tell you that parenting is hard. Somedays are absolutely awful and some are amazing. Some days you want to lock yourself in a closet with a gallon of ice cream at hand, while others you just can't get enough of your kids. Sometimes their cries are like nails on a chalkboard and other times they break your heart. Somedays the stress can almost break you while others you feel like superwoman (or superman). When its all said and done though, you can usually look back and remember the best of times while you laugh at many of the not-so-great moments. This week, as I look back on The A Team Week 32, my Mommy brain remembers very little other than the moments that I have pictures to remind me, and thankfully all of those moments (however small) land in the best of times category! :) ...
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| My Silly Litte Man |
On Wednesday Asher, Avery and I had a really great day off together. Everyone was in good moods and we and a lot of fun making forts, playing outside and also took some great naps. This Wednesday was truly an A+!
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery in our table fort. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher getting ready in the fort to take his buddies for a "boat" ride. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Brothers! <3 |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher's pants kept falling down and since I couldn't find the one belt that we have for him (which he's never worn bc it is for a pair of pants he has yet to grow into) I got out the suspenders that we bought for him to match Gramps. He was pretty proud to wear them and happy his pants were no longer sagging. |
Video: A Message for Gramps
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Etta%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Avery with his little buddy Etta. He is about 6 weeks younger than her, but looks like a giant next to her! |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Jaxson%2C%2BElias%2C%2BAJ%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Asher and his friends (Addison, Elias & Jaxson) going for a drive at the park. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Just a Swingin' |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| My little peanut enjoying a great nap! |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Since Avery napped so well, Asher and I were able to enjoy some one-on-one playtime. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Now that Avery can get around on his own, he is loves to explore and search for trouble to get into (when he decides he is okay being out of reach of me that is). Here he is under the table, with a spoon he found (which he had thrown onto the floor at lunch). |
Wednesday was also our baby girl's 7th birthday! Can't believe we've had our pup that long!!
%2BEmma's%2B7th%2BBirthday%2B-Emma%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Emma opening her present. |
%2BEmma's%2B7th%2BBirthday%2B-Emma%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Asher getting Emma to do tricks for her birthday treats. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery brushing his mouthful of teeth. He does a pretty good job giving me access to his teeth, but usually wants to "help". |
After the great work week finished up, it was followed by an equally great weekend with more family fun, the end of swimming lessons and gorgeous Spring weather! It was the perfect way to end a pretty perfect week.
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| We are borrowing Eric's parents' camper for the weekend. Eric decided he and Asher would enjoy a McD's breakfast in it. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Emma%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Avery checking out the camper |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2C%2BAvery%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| My boys not their way to swimming class. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2C%2BAvery%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| For the last swimming class, they always turn on all of the fun waterpark features. After some convincing to get out of his warm shower and go back into the pool (he was cold) Asher had a great time and didn't want to leave! |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| All tuckered out after swimming. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| More fun in the camper |
%2BAt%2BHome%2B-Magnolia%2BTree.jpg) |
| I enjoyed some relaxation in the sun outside while the kiddos napped inside. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher's attempt at photography... |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| After the kids woke from their naps, we headed to the park for some more fun. It was smiles all around :) |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| My and my baby boy |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Eric quoted this picture as "I'm with Stupid"...nice. Real nice. :) ...& no he doesn't think I'm stupid it just looks like one of those T-Shirts. I prefer the second option though: "#1 Mommy!" :) |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAvery_2.jpg) |
| Avery playing with Daddy. Love this picture. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2C%2BEric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| <3 My Boys |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2C%2BEric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Avery looks like he's giving himself antlers. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2C%2BAvery%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| If you can ignore my pasty white legs, I love the snuggle shot with my little guys! |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Bedtime pictures with my little chub. |
Video: Rookie Mistake?
So on Sunday I made what I consider a "rookie mistake" even though this is my 2nd child. I fed Avery prunes. I've heard that prunes are what you give a child when they're constipated, but I've never needed to test that theory and we never gave them to (or purchased them for) Asher to eat. This time around though, Eric does almost all of the grocery shopping now and bought our baby food both times that we stocked up. Not knowing what to get he just grabbed one of everything (both times). So this weekend we were running low on foods and still had a bunch of prunes. I decided to give them a shot and thought, how bad can it be? Let me just say this: BAD! Avery LOVED them, but the mess I cleaned up three hours later was not worth his enjoyment!
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| At the end of the week, our wonderful weather was ended with cooler temperatures and rain, but we didn't let that keep us from finishing out the week well. Instead, we tarpped the sandbox for Asher to have some playtime with Daddy and we also enjoyed a great grilled dinner with our friends the Laillets. |
No comments:
Post a Comment