Thursday, May 28, 2015

The A Team Week 35: A Brief Summary

The early part of this week was quick with little going on.  The latter part of the week was spent at the cottage for the Memorial Day weekend.  To make the most of our weekend, I changed my day off to Friday and Eric also took a half day, which meant that from Monday to Thursday life mostly consisted of eating, sleeping, working and a couple of hours of family time each day.  Because of that, I don't have a lot of pictures or videos to share, but there are a few...

Video: Leave No Man (or Toy) Behind
As I've previously shared, Avery can now get around with an army crawl.  The fact that he can now move has also given him a greater interest in his toys, and once he finds one that he likes, he thinks he needs to hold on to it wherever he goes.  Thus, he can frequently be seen touring the house with a ball or another toy in his arms/hands as he pulls himself around.

Video: Avery's First Pickle
One night this week, we decided to let Avery try a pickle.  He loved it.  I didn't really think he'd be able to bite a chuck off of it though, because he is after all only (almost) 8 months old.  I failed to remember that he does have 8 teeth though and had to quickly stop videoing to dig a chuck of pickle from his mouth. 

Video: Tub Time Fun
These days both of the boys absolutely love bath time.  Asher asks for one almost every day and if Avery hears the water running (whether for his bath or someone else's shower), he will quickly make a break for it, hoping to climb in.  On Thursday night, the boys had a great time (giggling like crazy) as they splashed one another in the tub!

As I've shared in the past, Eric's parents tore down their cottage about four years ago and built a new cottage/lake home in its place, which I designed.  At this point most of the house is finished, but there are some odds and ends around the house that still need to be completed.  The biggest of these is the back (street side/entry) porch and front (lake side) deck.  Eric's dad plans to finish these this summer, starting with the back porch, which Eric's mom has always wanted to have a cozy/cottage feeling.  Because of this, we (Eric's siblings + us) wanted to gift them a porch swing for Mother's Day/Father's Day and I volunteered to make them a "gift card" of sorts.  To do this, I had decided that I wanted to try to make a pop-up porch swing card using my cutting machine.  I had the idea in my head, but really wasn't sure if it would turn out.  On Friday morning though, I was able to spend a couple of hours at home getting ready to go while the boys were at daycare and Eric was at work, and while I did so I was also able to turn my idea into a reality...which I thought turned out pretty well!  :)
Lake Side Design Elevation

Lake Side Design Elevation

Street Side Design Elevation

Lake Side Design Elevation

My (not-quite finished) pop-up porch swing card.

Finally this week, Eric finished the fence!  I am so thankful for his (& his dad's) hard work.  It looks great and having the opportunity to lock up the backyard giving the boys and Emma a safe place to run around makes me so happy!  Also, we thought that closing in our tiny yard would make it feel even smaller, but surprisingly it had the opposite effect and we both agree the space feels larger as the driveway now seems to be part of the space, rather than the boundary of the space.  Yay! :)
The end result (from the inside).


No comments:

Post a Comment