On Mother's Day one of Eric's cousins shared this on Faceback from another Facebook page:
![]() |
| Eric & Asher mowing the lawn on Monday. |
Video: Mirror Baby
Avery playing with the mirror baby
When my day off (Wednesday) began, I was still in a pretty crappy mood. I just wanted some time alone, but instead had an entire day with my boys and I will admit that I considered working for the day simply because I wasn't sure I was up to the challenge of "mommying" all day. I tried to enjoy myself with the boys as they were both being very good and in very pleasant moods, but honestly a part of me was holding back. All morning we went for "boat rides", read stories, played outside, molded Play-Doh and colored on the driveway but despite the fun I wanted to be having with my boys, I just couldn't get out of the funk. Then, at lunch time, I was sitting at the table with Asher and Avery while Asher was begin really goofy. I distinctly remember a moment that I could feel a laugh coming on, but I didn't want it to come out. For some reason a part of me wanted to hold on to the Oscar the Grouch mentality and stay on the negative. In this moment, the Holy Spirit reminded me how stupid I was being. At a moment that I could be enjoying a silly, wonderful moment with my two awesome little guys I was ruining it by clinging to my anger/frustration/sadness/etc. It is then that I allowed the laugh to come out and it was then that the entire week changed for the better. It was all uphill from then on out...including a wonderful surprise that evening when Asher and I found that an anonymous friend had tied a smiley-faced balloon to our front door...totally made both my and Asher's day! :)
![]() |
| Avery going for one of Asher's "Boat Rides" on Wednesday |
![]() |
| Ice Cream always makes it better! Even if it is Play-Doh! |
![]() |
| Avery wasn't thrilled to be outside sitting alone as I played with Asher. |
![]() |
| Asher working on the fence. |
![]() |
| Building a fence like Daddy. |
![]() |
| Big smiles all around! |
![]() |
| Someone got into the sidewalk chalk when Mommy wasn't looking... |
By the time the weekend came the whole family was in great spirits, allowing us to share a wonderful weekend together...
We went to the first Harbor Market of the season...
We checked out the lake and the duckies...
We played at the playground...
We tried one of the Mike's Donuts & Chicken that everyone keeps talking about (Personally, I wasn't too impressed. It was the most expensive donut I've ever purchased and it was probably not even in the top ten for the best ones I've eaten. We got the mint chocolate oreo donut and although it looked very pretty, it was WAY too sweet. I did enjoy getting to share it with my little man though!)
We enjoyed time in the backyard...
![]() |
| Asher got to try his first loose burger, and I'm told he LOVED it! |
Video: After Dinner Show
Avery entertaining us after our backyard dinner.
And finally, we enjoyed time in the house...a great end to what started out as a tough week.
![]() |
| Such a big boy!! |
![]() |
| Asher lining up all of his buddies. |
































No comments:
Post a Comment