The month of August is a complete fog. Sadly, I feel like I completely missed an entire month of my little guys' lives. Work was crazy busy and kept me late several times in addition to keeping me from my typical Wednesdays off with the boys and the moments that I did have at home were spent struggling to keep my eyes open (or struggling NOT to scratch them out due to allergies). There were moments that happened that I recall thinking I wanted to share, but now for the life of me cannot remember what they were. If they come to me, I'll fit them in at a later date, but for now here is the one story I remember along with a few pics of our last week of the blurry month...
Sometime this month (as I said I do not recall the date) we were home with the boys one evening after work, when Asher said "Oh my God" out of the blue. Now for probably the majority of the population, this wouldn't phase them. For Eric and I though, we were a bit shocked. That is not something that we say in our home, nor something we choose to allow our children to say out of respect for our Lord and Savior. We immediately corrected Asher and told him that that was not an acceptable thing to say...that it hurt Jesus' feelings. We told him he could not say that, and he looked back at us hurt, confused and a bit defiant saying that he wanted to say it. We had to say again that he could not say it and that if he said it again we would have to punish him. A day or two later he said it again and again we corrected him and reminded him it was not acceptable.
Thankfully, he has listened to our corrections and I have never heard it again, but it was a good reminder of the sponges that they are and how they see and hear everything around us, and it is our job to provide them the knowledge of what is and is not okay through our own examples and correction. In this case, after speaking with his daycare provider about it, we are pretty sure he learned it from another little girl at his daycare. We asked his provider to correct him if he said it there and remind him that it is not okay and she agreed. Thus, it was also a reminder that I cannot protect my kids at all times and cannot control everything that they experience, but I can guide them to the best of my ability (with God's help) and pray for God to continue that guidance when I am not around.
![]() |
| Monday night this week I worked late. Eric took the boys to enjoy "square hamburgers" and Frostys. (well Asher, not Avery...he just got a few french fries and some food from home). |
![]() |
| One last family dinner at Big Star before they close for the year...Yum! |
Video: Avery's 1st Hose Drink
(Again soaking wet on Daddy's clock)




No comments:
Post a Comment