For the most part this week was a good week full of good old family fun. We played at home, played with friends at the pumpkin farm again, taught Asher to play the wii, read stories and had dinner with friends. The downfall of the week was on Saturday, better known in our household as "Go Blue Day" during the Fall. We played Michigan State, so it was a BIG game and things were going well. We led for the entire game and less than 10 seconds before it was over, victory within our grasp, our punter fumbled the ball which was then picked up by State and run into the end zone for the touchdown to end the game.
I honestly cannot remember a game that stung so badly. I went from happily waiting for the seconds to pass and the 'W' to be ours to laying facedown on our carpeting as the agony of defeat sunk in. It was a painful loss and for the three year old that was happily watching the game with his parents, it was confusing. He really didn't understand why Mommy and Daddy went from anxiously excited to speechless, shocked and greatly disappointed. I'm embarrassed to say that I really didn't recover quickly from that loss. Our friends Andy and Allison came over for dinner seconds after it was over and switching gears to be warm, inviting and hospitable at that moment was no easy task. I wish I could say it was just a game and that I bounced back quickly as that would have been the right way to model my behavior for the young watchful eyes around me, but instead it was a test that I failed. Thankfully though, I woke on Sunday morning with the song
New Day in my head and at that moment I was able to remind myself it was just a game, people make mistakes and no matter what failures come our way we have Victory in Jesus our Risen Savior....so blessed indeed!...I wish I could go back and correctly teach that lessen to my little man!
Chorus of New Day:
It's a new day, it's a new life,
It's a new start for every heart that's found you,
that's found you.
Jesus we found you.
New hope, full of your joy,
it's a new start for every heart that's found you,
Jesus we found you
 |
| Avery & Asher sporting their Maize & Blue Cool as a Moose Tshirts from Grammy & Gramps |
 |
| On Wednesday Asher & I introduced Avery to the VTech Train. I wish I would have taken a video of him when I started the train and let it loose on the track. He was in awe! |
 |
| On Wednesday afternoon it was another beautiful fall day, so we headed back to Jerry Smiths Pumpkin Farm to play and met Allison, Elias and Etta there as well. |
 |
| Elias & Asher running through the tunnel |
 |
| Buddies. |
 |
| Playing with rocks under Momma's watchful eye to make sure they didn't find their way into his mouth. |
 |
| Avery LOVED the bunnies and was super excited to watch them! |
 |
| Our Sassy Pup! On Thursday afternoon Eric found her on the OTHER side of our barrier...where she is NOT supposed to be! |
 |
| On Thursday evening Eric introduced Asher to the wii and the enjoyed several minutes of sword fighting...then I showed Asher how Mommy can kick Daddy's butt in sword fighting (I don't know what it is, but Eric CANNOT defeat me at this game no matter how hard he tries!) |
 |
| Having too much fun! |
 |
| Trying out the Wii Balance board...a bit too difficult for a 3 year old still. |
 |
| Avery reading with Daddy on Saturday morning. |
Video: Horsey Ride
Avery's first horsey ride at Meijer
 |
| Avery decked out head to toe for the game on Saturday afternoon. |
Video: Leaf Jumping
 |
| Eric juggling fatherhood and football. |
 |
| Avery sitting at Asher's table. He was so proud of himself, until I heard him crying and realized he had somehow fallen off and cut his gums...A few hours later he slipped and hit is face in the same spot again on the window sill. He wasn't a very happy baby for the remainder of the day. :( |
 |
| Avery playing with the pretend wipes container that our friend Allison made for him. He got much more interested in playing with it once he believed it was off limits! Sassy Boy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment