From the moment of our return from our weekend at the cottage, the remainder of the week passed at an insane rate and before we knew it it was Friday. With so much going on between work and home, I really can't recall anything that happened that week other than one small story...
After dealing with our little boy that was terrified of Eric's sister's dog all weekend, the dog drama continued. Even though we were home, Asher would ask if Molly was coming and we would have to reassure him that she wasn't. One night, we sat on the back porch together and again, I had to remind Asher that Molly was at her home far away and he didn't need to be afraid. He looked back at me and said, "I don't like doggies". I said, "Emma's a doggy, you like Emma don't you?" He replied, "yes, I like Emma. The only doggies I like are Emma and Ryker". (I hear 'rut row' in the corner of my mind...Ryker was my neighbor's dog that died two weeks prior. Since she had two golden retrievers, I realized Asher probably can't tell that the one that he sees all the time is not Ryker). :(
![]() |
| Asher hooked the bike trailer onto his tricycle and took it for a spin. |
![]() |
| Avery watching the dinner rolls bake. |
![]() |
| Avery playing with the treasures in my closet while I put clothes away |
Video: Too Cute for His Own Good
![]() |
| Sunday morning snuggles in bed |
On Sunday, we decided with Summer quickly coming to a close we better get our summer family picture. Getting a dog and two kids to hold still and smile is nearly impossible.
When our pictures were done, I kept the camera out a bit longer to get a few pictures of my baby boy before he is no longer a baby.
![]() |
| He LOVES Asher's truck...and fortunately it is the only thing that Asher shares well. He now calls it Avery's truck! |
When I was done taking pictures, Asher was not. He was very interested in the tripod and desperately wanted to take some photos. To appease our little imagineer, Eric attached our old point and shoot to the tripod and let him go to town. He spent the better part of the afternoon taking pictures. A few weeks ago, he had spent much time pretending to be a mechanic, and now he is our little photographer. I love seeing his imagination blossom!
Side Note: When Asher was being a mechanic, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and his response was "Asher". So, on our drive home Labor Day weekend, we rephrased the question and asked him what he wanted his job to be when he was older. His response, "coloring". ;)
In closing, here are a few of Asher's masterpieces from his day as a photographer.
Video: Our Little Photographer














No comments:
Post a Comment