Day three of our vacation was February 22, also known as Grammy's Birthday. As I mentioned in my last post most of our vacation was much of the same: beach, food, pool, naps, repeat, but today was that plus a birthday dinner and cake mixed in...
Like the day before, the boys woke up very early again and Eric graciously took them down to the beach in their jammies to look for shells while I got a little extra R&R.
Once I was up and we had enjoyed some breakfast, we grabbed our beach toys and headed back across the street to the ocean to enjoy our morning in the sun.
 |
| Asher LOVED jumping and splashing around in the waves! |
Video: More Jumping Around
 |
| Daddy buried Avery. He thought it was funny! |
 |
| Grammy came down to join us. |
 |
| Avery loved digging in the beach. |
 |
| Asher running to get another bucket to get water with Grammy |
During this trip, we realized that Avery has a love for birds. Every time he saw them he would get really excited. He enjoyed watching them from the windows, following them around the sidewalk and chasing after them on the beach. When he would see the seagulls on the beach come near us, he would point and give us a growl/grunt type noise to tell us that he wanted to "Get 'Em!!"...so we went and chased with him. :)
 |
| Playing with the buckets. |
 |
| Eric dug a hole and we used Avery and Asher to measure how deep it was. |
 |
| Grammy enjoyed catching up on her reading. |
 |
| The hole is about 1/2 an Asher! |
 |
| The boys decided they each needed a hole, so I made a little one for Avery and put some in it for him to play in. |
 |
| Mother & Son relaxing in the shade. |
 |
| When the holes lost their interest, the bucket became the fun new toy...or hat. |
 |
| And when buckets were no longer exciting, Gramps joined us at the beach for more fun jumping waves. |
 |
| Avery looking sleepy. |
Before we knew it, it was closing in on lunch time and our littlest guy was exhausted. I took him for lunch and nap while everyone else stayed and played at the beach for a bit (& I'm told Asher made Grammy a sand birthday cake). A couple of hours later, everyone was rested and ready for part two of our day: Pool Time!
 |
| Avery enjoying some after-nap fruit snacks. |
 |
| With the beautiful sunny day in the upper 70's even I couldn't avoid the warm, refreshing water of the pool and had a blast swimming around with my littles. |
 |
| Even Grammy got her feet wet, which is the closest I've ever seen her to a pool I think! |
Late that afternoon after a fun day at the beach and pool, we all got cleaned up and headed out for a birthday dinner at
Crabby Bill's in St. Pete.
 |
| Avery pointing at the birdies as we head out for dinner. |
Video: Running into Momma's Arms
We had hoped to eat outside on the back deck, but soon after we sat at our table the wind and rain came, making it very unpleasant. Instead, we headed to a table inside where we enjoyed a nice dinner with lots of space for our antsy little Avery to run around.
 |
| Asher and Gramps on the deck. |
 |
| Avery & I watching the sun set from the deck. |
Video: Lemons at Crabby Bill's
While we were having dinner, Avery decided that he wanted the lemon from Grammy's water. He has had lemons before and knows what they taste like, so he typically refuses them. Surprised that he wanted one now, I took a video to capture his face and like a pro he totally hammed it up for us. I think he actually enjoyed it, but continued to make funny faces just to make us all laugh! :)
When dinner was over, we made a quick stop at the local grocer to get a small cake and ice cream to celebrate Grammy's birthday. Asher got to pick the cake and picked something with a crazy amount of chocolate (a brownie on the bottom, chocolate cake on top, chocolate frosting and chocolate chips)...it was a delicious end to the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment