Day 4 in Pass-a-Grill was another gorgeous sunny day. Like the days before we enjoyed the sand, the waves, the pool, the sunshine and most importantly our time together. The entire day was pretty great, but my favorite part came at the end when we enjoyed one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen...
This morning, Avery woke up really early but Asher and I remained dead to the world. Lucky for us (& Avery) Eric was kind enough to get up with him and take him out for a walk so that we could sleep longer. Once Asher and I woke up, we got dressed and headed out to the shore to find Daddy and Avery.
 |
| A stranger took this picture and the others. Unfortunately this one is my favorite, but her finger is kind of ruining the shot. |


When we were done walking on the beach, we headed to get some breakfast. Eric's parents had gone for a long walk this morning, so we decided to try the restaurant on the beach (Paradise Grill). The boys and I got bacon and blueberry pancakes, while Eric ordered eggs and hash browns with a side of bacon. Since this restaurant is completely in the open, the seating is simply picnic tables outside with strings above to keep the seagulls from stealing food. Earlier in the week we had been warned that the seagulls were very aggressive, but didn't know exactly what that meant until this morning. In the blink of an eye, while Eric was waiting at the counter to get an extra plate for Avery, a seagull swooped down and stole all three strips of Eric's bacon right off the top of his untouched pile of breakfast! I never even saw it happen. One second there was bacon on the plate and the next there was a seagull flying around with bacon in foot and dozens of other seagulls in hot pursuit! Feeling guilty for not keeping better watch while Eric was away, I gave my own bacon to Eric.
 |
| Asher, Avery & I waiting to get our breakfast. |
When breakfast was over we got our suits on and headed to the beach for some fun in the sand. Knowing that the weather was due to change soon, I decided to take advantage of what could be our last opportunity to build a sandcastle. I had hoped that the boys would help me build it, but Asher did not possess enough patience yet and Avery was bent on destruction rather than construction. Thus, I built it mostly alone and then let the boys know when they could bring on the "wrecking balls".
 |
| Eric distracting the boys while I built. |
Video: Digging with Daddy
 |
| Asher drilling in the sand. Side Note: this was for an umbrella that we had on the beach with us, but the wind picked it up and sent it flying up into the air and falling back down narrowly missing another beach-goer. Thankfully no one was injured! |
 |
| My finished castle. Nothing special, but fun. |
 |
| Asher helping me make a moat. Every castle needs a moat! |
Video: Destruction!
 |
| The boys continue their destruction of my hard work. |
When our beach fun was over we headed back to the hotel for lunch and naps. Once the boys were down, Eric and I enjoyed a long walk together on the beach and through the historic neighborhood.
 |
| Avery being a one-toothed walrus with his baby carrots. |
 |
| Eric and I in the gardens of the historic Don CeSar Hotel (the destination of our walk) |
When we were back from our walk and the boys were awake, we headed across the street to get some delicious ice cream together (seriously some of THE BEST ice cream I've ever had -
The Working Cow!!).
 |
| Avery coloring |
 |
| Avery enjoying ice cream with Gramps |
 |
| Everyone and their ice cream. |
Video: Ching Ice Cream Cones
 |
| This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of Avery! Makes me laugh every.single.time. |
 |
| Our little monkeys. |
After our ice cream had settled a bit, we did what we had done every afternoon thus far...hit the pool.
Video: Asher Slow-Mo Jumping
Video: Avery Poll Slide (Slow-Mo)
I made the mistake of showing Avery that we could use the pool handrail as a slide. He loved it and wanted to do it again...and again...and again...
Video: 4 Migrin Boys Pool Jump (Slow-Mo)
Finally, after a fun day of collecting shells, chasing "Birdie Bandits", building & destroying castles, savoring ice cream and splashing in the pool it was time to once again say goodnight to the sun and this sunset happened to be one of the best ever. Seriously, it was pretty amazing!
 |
| My Loves |
 |
| Love Asher's silhouette on the water as he chases the seagulls. |
 |
| His smile melts my heart. |
 |
| Love those eyes!... |
 |
| ....and the slits that were eyes before the chubby smile! |
 |
| <3 |
 |
| Get 'Em!!! |
 |
| Brotherly Love |
 |
| Me and my little man. |
 |
| Love Birds |
 |
| Mini Man...Mini Palm Trees. |
Finally, we closed out another good day with a quiet pizza dinner in our room and headed to rest up for day 5...
 |
| Downtown Pass-a-grill at night. |
Thanks for sharing, Tracy! I love all of the beautiful pics-makes me nostalgic..I miss my many years in Florida and as a new mom. John's parents used to come down and we would go on mini vacations to Orlando etc. Your memories make me think of those good times. I'm so glad you have these opportunities with your family! You're a great mommy who obviously loves her kids and husband very much! :)
ReplyDeletePS you have a great photographer's eye as well....!!! AND I love the bacon story!
Delete