With this week came the arrival of Spring and some of the "special" moments that go along with it. First of all there was the time change... Well, that actually happened the weekend before, but with the ability to sleep in on Sunday morning it really didn't hit us until Monday and then it hit HARD! A couple of weeks later, we still haven't fully recovered but we are doing much better now.
 |
| Avery on Monday morning. He was sound asleep and I had to wake him to get ready to go. He wasn't thrilled. |
On Wednesday the boys and I had our day home together and being that it was the day before St. Patty's Day, we had our own little green celebration, starting with green clover and ninja turtle pancakes. Over all, it was a good day but it was apparent that we are not Irish as some moments held no luck for us...
After breakfast, the boys both wanted to take a bath. I had no problem with this so we all headed upstairs so the boys could play in the tub for a while. I sat in the bathroom with them keeping watch as they played, when I saw Avery making the poop face. I thought he was working on it and hadn't gone yet, so I quickly reached to take him out of the tub before he made a disgusting mess in the water. Unfortunately I was too late! Yuck! Unsure if Avery was finished, I put him up on the toilet completely naked while I dealt with Asher who was freaking out about the poopie water and wanted to get out QUICK. As I got Asher out and wrapped him in a towel, Avery fell off the toilet face first and landed on the floor! Thankfully, there was a towel already on the floor in that area to brace his fall so he wasn't hurt badly, just frightened.
Once I'd gotten both boys out of the tub, we headed to the downstairs bath to continue bath time and clean up. When their second bath was finished, we headed into Asher's room which is next door to get him dressed while Avery waited. I figured that since he'd just gone to the bathroom in the tub, I didn't have to worry about the fact that he didn't have a diaper on yet. Wrong again! As I was helping Asher to get dressed and turned around to find Avery standing in a puddle of pee on Asher's bedroom floor. I quickly cleaned up the mess and brought Avery upstairs to get a diaper on.
After getting Avery dressed, I decided to round up all of the toys that had been in the tub to sterilize them in our washing machine. As I was doing so, my phone fell out of my pocket and into the poopie tub water that was remaining in the tub (there was about 1/4 of an inch left that hadn't drained). I grabbed it quickly and was happy to see that it was still working fine, but needed to sterilize it and its case as well before I was going to allow it anywhere near my face!
When all of this was over, I was happy we had survived, but ready to get out of the house for a bit. So...off to playgroup at church we went.
 |
| St. Patty's Day Pancakes |
 |
| Enjoying bath time BEFORE the pooping incident. |
Video: Silly Boys at Bath Time
 |
| Silly Asher at playgroup |
 |
| Silly Avery has to do everything his big brother does. |
When playgroup was over and the kids had sufficiently tired themselves out (Asher & his buddy Elias must have run 20 laps around the gym), we headed home for our St. Patty's lunch: Ruebens & green milk. Afterwards, both of the kids took great naps and then we spent the rest of the day playing together until Eric got home from work. Once Eric was home, we piled into the van and headed to the Country Inn & Suites where our friends were staying before their big move down to Illinois. We enjoyed some time at the hotel, playing in the pool and then walked across the parking lot for dinner at the Cracker Barrel before saying goodbye to the Laillet family. In honor of St. Patty's day, I'll say that we are very lucky to call them friends, but sad to see them go.
 |
| Lilou confiscated Asher's zebra. |
On Thursday it was actually St. Patrick's Day and Eric and I were feeling really lazy. Neither of us were very hungry so we got the kids some happy meals and a Shamrock Shake to share. Don't Judge. They were happy.
 |
| Must get it all out. |
The remainder of the work week was pretty uneventful and then it was the weekend. We enjoyed a lazy day at home with our boys on Saturday morning and afternoon and then in the early evening we headed out for a night on the town(ish) while the boys stayed home with a babysitter. What did we do? We went to see Seinfeld...with almost 200 people associated with Eric's firm.
Eric's firm celebrated their 25th anniversary last Spring (or is it still to come?) and wanted to have a party. They got almost 200 tickets to see Seinfeld at the Genesse Theater in Waukegan, Illinois and then invited all of their employees, spouses, a bunch of their current and ex-clients, and other consultants and contractors that they work with. The party started at 5:30 and was a catered event including hor d'oeuvres and drinks before the show and dessert and coffee afterwards. Prior to the event, I didn't think much of it. I have attended work parties for Eric's firm in the past and they've been quite casual, so in my mind this was going to be similar. I was wrong though. When I walked in to the theater, I quickly realized that everyone was much more dressed up than I was and it was actually a big deal/fancy-ish party. I could literally feel my blood pressure rising as my anxiety level from being underdressed and having to mingle with strangers in a professional setting went through the roof. Thankfully, I have a great husband that stayed with me for most of the time and made attempts to introduce me to people I might have something in common with. So, long story short, the evening was alright but not exactly my cup of tea. Seinfeld was quite funny though and for the hour + of the show I was able to just enjoy being out with my man (kid free). The rest of the time I was left pining for a bowl of ice cream and my jammies! ;)
 |
| Genesse Theater |
 |
| Eric & I waiting for the show |
 |
| Jerry Seinfeld...much older than I remembered. |
 |
| Eric enjoying his dessert :) |
 |
| Checking in on my guys that night. Happy to see them sleeping peacefully and snuggled in. :) |
On Sunday we rounded out our week with the actual arrival of Spring. We had a relaxing family day together and look forward to the rest of what is in store for this Spring. :)
Video: Farty Face
This morning, Eric got up early with Asher and headed to the grocery store so Avery and I could sleep. I woke when they left and couldn't fall back asleep, so I enjoyed some lazy time in bed for a while. Even after Avery woke up, I let him play in his crib for a bit while I relaxed and to pass the time he made farting noises...lots and lots of farting noises!
 |
| Avery discovered the chair in our room after I took the pile of clothes and pillows that are typically there off and cleaned up. |
 |
| Asher and Avery enjoying some fun outside after church on this first day of Spring. |
 |
| With all the sticks in our yard, we never got around to taking our Winter family picture in hopes that the sticks would be gone first. With the arrival of Spring we decided we better take the picture even though we were technically a few hours late and it was actually no longer Winter. |
 |
| Asher had some crazy hat-hair after we came back in the house. |
 |
| While the boys took their afternoon naps I headed out to pick up supplies for their Easter baskets. They woke up while I was gone and Asher decided to play Legos for a bit. Here is his creation. Based on his description, we're pretty sure it is a map to Meijer (little buildings and roads on the left with the giant Meijer building on the right)! |
 |
| Family snuggles and movie time. Love these quiet moments. |
Video: Balloon Bouncing
When we left the Partners in Design party on Saturday night, we took some balloons home for the boys per Eric's boss' direction. The boys were both very excited to play with them when they woke up on Sunday morning, but by Sunday night all the helium had gone out and they no longer floated. Still, Avery had a blast using them to bounce rather than watching them float. Even after he popped one he still just got another and continued!
No comments:
Post a Comment