This week was busy from Monday to Thursday as we prepared for the holiday weekend away in Michigan. Shockingly I have almost no pictures from the week, but I do have a story.
Throughout the week my almost-2-year-old exercised his independence by trying to break away from the title "momma's boy". Since he was born he has always been my little "momma's boy," preferring me over Eric about 99% of the time. As he grows older he is working on putting some distance between us (which I know is necessary, but...sigh, tear) and also working on growing his bond with his main man: Daddy. Every time he wanted someone to help him, he wanted "Na-na" (his name for Daddy). Every time he wanted to play, he wanted "Na-na". Every time he was ready to go to bed he wanted "Na-Na". Even in the mornings when he was waiting in his room for someone to come and let him out, you'd think he would be thrilled with whomever showed up, but no. He wanted Nana. I would open the door to his room, and he would be standing right in front of me and rather than greeting me with open arms and a slobbery kiss like usual, he would just look at me and say, "No! Na-na" and then give me a gentle push back out the door! :(
In addition to my seemingly now Daddy's Boy, I also finally received the pictures from the 1 Year photoshoot that we did almost exactly one year ago in Michigan with Eric's cousin. Due to the craziness of life, the unpredictability of computers and the lack of Dropbox coordination, it took a year for me to get them. On Wednesday night just before I shut my computer off for the night an email popped up on my screen and I was greeted with a link to see our pictures! I was so excited and have to say that although the wait was hard, there is some enjoyment in waiting a year to get pictures. It reminded me of back in the day when I would get several rolls of film developed and had to wait a week to get them back so that I could reminisce on whatever happened to be in my camera at the moment! That night, I happily stayed up a few minutes later to scroll through the pictures of our family and look back on our little guys and how much they have changed!! <3
I was very happy with how they turned out, but per typical the photos of me are not so great (no fault of the photographer). I am terribly un-photogenic in the first place, but additionally my allergies were completely awful at that time meaning that my eyes were red and very swollen and taking pictures in a field of ragweed (although beautiful) did not help. What did turn out great though are my pictures of Avery and his Na-na together! There are so many great shots of the two of them and the bond that they share and continue to grow together. So, for this blog, enjoy the pictures from this shoot (along with 2 from this week at the very end). I would say I tried to select only the best, but I honestly didn't try to hard, I really do love them all! :)
 |
| Not sure what we were doing in this picture, but it makes me laugh. |
 |
| Snuggling with my little loves. |
 |
| Oh the drama! |
 |
| Love my crazy family! |
 |
| Yay!! |
 |
| Love those wobbly early walker photos. |
 |
| Look at those cheeks!! |
 |
| Many moms might not want to see pictures of their kids crying but this picture brings me so much joy. First I can see Avery's typical cry face which is very similar to the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man and second, I can see the love of Avery's big brother as Asher holds his hand and gives his baby bro a kiss. |
 |
| Love, Love, Love! |
 |
| Kisses from Mommy & Daddy... |
 |
| ...Yuck!!! |
 |
| Avery and his Na-Na |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| Seriously, I cannot handle the cuteness! |
 |
| I love that little face! |
 |
| Sleepy Baby. |
 |
| This Kid. |
 |
| Soooooo Tired. |
So there it is. Our family photos one year later. A BIG thanks to
Jen Prouty Photography for the beautiful pictures! Now I just need to find a photographer for this year's family photos (any locals I'll take suggestions for some fall pics!). ;)
In closing, here are the two pictures that I did take this week in 2016:
 |
| Asher has been working hard on his writing skills and learning out to write the alphabet. He loves to write people's names and on Monday he asked me how to spell Theo (his best bud that moved down to Illinois). A little out of order, but the letters are all there! |
 |
| Asher also loves to write his name. On Wednesday he came home with this paper that he had worked on. I was proud to see that he actually wrote his name with the letters in the proper order this time. Usually he writes from right to left rather than left to right! Yay Buddy! |
Aww! Those are such cute pictures!
ReplyDelete