![]() |
| Playing at the dentist while we wait to get called in. |
![]() |
| My big boy! |
After our trip to the dentist, we all headed over to El Sarape to meet Daddy for a special family lunch.
![]() |
| This kid lucked out as he barely ate any lunch but was still allowed to eat some chocolate pudding! |
On Wednesday night, we attempt another milestone event by sending Asher to Awana for the first time. He was really excited to try it out, but when we got to church and he didn't recognize anyone there he got really nervous. I ended up staying with him the entire time in hopes that he would have a great time and be willing to come back next week on his own. Well, he did have a great time, but when I asked him the next week if he wanted to go back without Mommy or Daddy, he responded, "no, I will just have fun with you at home." I guess that is one milestone that he is not quite ready for.
When the weekend came Asher experienced another first, albeit an unwelcome one. He got his first bee sting. Eric and I were happy to see that he didn't seem to have any allergic reactions to it, but Asher was obviously still pretty upset about it.
![]() |
| Eric showing Asher what a bee (& its stinger) looks like through a magnifying glass. |
This weekend, I also finally got around to cleaning up Asher's room and taking pictures of it to blog on (per my last post). Asher was quite interested in what I was doing and wanted to get in on the action.
While I cleaned up inside, Eric finished our fence outside!
The last day of the week started off with a wonderful lazy morning in bed. Asher slept in later than usual and Avery was extra cute and snuggly.
When Avery was done snuggling, he was very playful. We would ask him "Avery, who's the boss?" and he would respond "Dada". Then I would say, "No, Mama's the boss!" and he would giggle and firmly respond, "No Dada!". This went back and forth for quite awhile and at one point when asked who the boss was, he pointed to himself!
Video: Who'e the Boss?
Once Asher woke up, we enjoyed another family first: a family bike ride to Meijer. Often, the boys will take a Sunday bike ride to Meijer while I enjoy some quiet time at home, but this weekend I decided to join them.
![]() |
| Enjoy a fruit cup outside Meijer |
Finally, a first that I was not very excited about: Asher went the entire weekend with no nap! On Saturday he stayed quiet in his room for about an hour without falling asleep and asked if he could be done. I let him stay up and told him that if he got grumpy he would have to go to bed early. He did okay that evening, but Sunday was another story. When nap time came I was determined that he would sleep, but he won the war. He never slept and the result was a very grumpy boy and possibly an even grumpier Momma. Thankfully I had a half of a blizzard in the freezer from the night before, so while I forced Asher to stay in his room for a while, I tried to savor a few minutes to myself while I devoured my ice cream!
Video: Who's the Boss Round 2



















No comments:
Post a Comment