I wouldn't call this week crappy, but there were a couple of moments the I couldn't help but play the
"It's Poop Again!" scene from Billy Madison through my mind.
The week started out poo free with the end of Labor Day weekend and a pretty typical Tuesday.
 |
| Brothers watching cartoons while Eric and I get ready for work Tuesday morning. |
 |
| On the episode of Jake & the Neverland Pirates that Asher and Avery watched Jake and his buddies were hanging out with some penguins. Avery disappeared for a few minutes and when he came back he had Jack and a penguin. I thought that was pretty smart! |
On Wednesday night things took a bit of a turn. For dinner that night we went to Culver's and as usual Asher ate a lot. That night when I was putting him to bed he told me he had a belly ache, but I figured he had just overeaten and told him to just rest his belly. He went to bed fine, but at around 12:30 I woke up to him crying in his room. I went down there to see what the problem was and he was so upset that I couldn't understand what he was trying to tell me. I finally was able to get him to call down enough that I could understand what he was saying when I heard, "I pooped my pants." (Warning, if you tend to get grossed out easily, this probably isn't the blog for you.) I cringed at the thought of what I might have to deal with but let my Mom Skilz go to work as I helped out my little guy. We went into the bathroom (still half asleep mind you) and before I could even turn on the light, Asher was already pulling off his pants. When I got the light on, I realized that Asher had horrible diarrhea and now after taking his pants off there was poop EVERYWHERE!! It was all over our rug and the floor, all over the toilet and all up and down Asher's legs from his bottom to his feet. It was probably the grossest moment in my motherhood experience to date. I used up about a half a box of wipes as I did my best to clean up Asher and get him back to bed and also try not to throw up. It took a while, but eventually I got him back to bed, cleaned up the bathroom and got the rug and pajamas washed out in the laundry tub. I went back to bed and back to sleep. Then, a half hour later I woke up to Asher crying again. I begrudgingly headed downstairs again to see what was the problem. Thankfully he hadn't had another accident but he still wasn't feeling well. I stayed down with him a while longer while he went potty and then got him back to bed and again got myself back to bed. Another half hour later I woke to Asher crying a third time! Again, I headed downstairs, relieved to find that Asher was only complaining of an itchy mosquito bite this time. I put some itch relief cream on him and headed back to upstairs and back to sleep where I thankfully remained the remainder of the night.
On Thursday morning, Asher was thankfully feeling much better and since he was back to himself and had never had a fever I chalked it up to a bad dinner and sent him off to daycare. We enjoyed the rest of our work week poop free and had some good family time.
Video: Bubble Wrap Fun
 |
| Brothers love playing together these days (when they are not fighting that is) |
 |
| Building a "Spaceship" together while Daddy works on our fence. |
 |
| Avery starts his modeling career. |
 |
| Showing off those guns! |
On Saturday afternoon I headed out to run some errands as I prepared for Avery's 2nd birthday party. Meanwhile, Eric and the boys worked on the fence after Eric had spent the morning digging holes for the fence posts and foundations. When I returned, I opened the backyard gate to find Avery standing in the backyard by himself in nothing but a wet shirt (not even a diaper) holding what looked like a disgusting piece of...well you get the idea. Avery then proceeded to walk around trying to give me the "present" saying "Ewwww!" over and over again and when I looked up I saw Eric laughing hysterically at my reaction through the dining room window. Life with boys. I had completely walking into Eric and Asher's trap, but I wasn't mad...just happy it was only the clay that Eric had dug up earlier that morning!


Thankfully, that was the end of my poopie week. The rest of the weekend proved much less disgusting! We started Sunday out with some delicious (& very pretty) Meijer donuts (our very unhealthy Sunday morning tradition) and then after church we enjoyed a great lunch at Kenosha's new Potbelly, some naps, birthday party prep and more family time...a much better end to the week!
 |
| Asher wanted me to take a picture of the chocolate butterfly that was on his donut. |
 |
| PBJ at Potbelly! |
 |
| Afternoon snack with Daddy! |
 |
| Daddy has some BIG shoes to fill! |
 |
| Me working on a decoration for Avery's party. |
 |
| Avery just couldn't stay off of it. Every time I turned around he was on it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment