The second day of our vacation started very early for Eric. Thankfully, he let me sleep in for a little bit. In my previous posts, I forgot to mention that prior to leaving for the airport for our vacation we added to our stress level by allowing our realtor to come over and tour our home. The tour went pretty well, but there were a few things that she mentioned that stressed us out in addition to the fact that thinking about moving from our current home really bums me out. That night, after getting to bed quite late, I had a difficult time shutting off my mind and falling asleep. When I did finally fall asleep, I had a dream that our realtor called us back and told us we would only be able to sell our home for about 1/3 of what we paid for it and I (in the dream) started to freak out and cry. It was one of those dreams that when you do finally wake up you are relieved as you realize it was just a dream. So, I didn't really sleep well and although I don't think Eric did either he and my mom both got up with the boys when they woke early and allowed my dad and I to sleep a bit later.
 |
| Asher, Avery & Mom hanging out early Thursday morning. |
Once my dad and I did wake up we joined the rest of the crew downstairs for breakfast and then everyone headed outside to the pool for a little while. The boys were both super excited to go swimming but after dipping their toes in the pool they headed to the hot tub instead. Before Eric and I were able to get over there, they were both climbing in (even though we told them to wait). Asher got in with no issues, but Avery fell as he stepped in and got stuck for a second with his face in the water. We got him out quickly, but still it scared him enough that it took a lot of convincing during the rest of the week to get him into the water...a BIG change from our vacation last summer when if we were not paying attention he would attempt to jump into the deep end without any concerns.
We played down by the pool for a little while and then headed back to our room to pack up and check out. Once we were checked out we did what every vacationing family does...head to the nearest Walmart and Dollar Tree (which were across the street), where we could purchase some beach toys for the boys. Then we loaded back in the car and began to make our way down to the Florida Keys for the remainder of our vacation.
 |
| Dad, Mom and the boys outside Walmart. |
Our drive took quite a while because we wanted to avoid all tollways and because we made a detour along the way to visit
Everglades National Park, where we had promised get the boys some new Park Passport Cancelation Stamps and show them real, live alligators!
 |
| Family lunch outside Subway |
 |
| Too Cool! |
We arrived at the park in the mid afternoon and enjoyed a couple of hours there touring the Visitor Center and Anhinga Trail. We were able to each get a new stamp from both places and the boys also completed the Junior Ranger book to get new Junior Ranger badges.
 |
| Avery, Dad, Mom and Eric checking out the panther statue. |
 |
| Avery and Asher discovering the Visitor Center. |
 |
| The boys work on their Junior Ranger books. |
 |
| A chameleon! |
 |
| The boys and I looking for fish and alligators...no alligators here though! |
 |
| The family searching for fish. |
 |
| Dad with Asher & Avery getting their ranger badges. |
 |
| Pledging to care for the park. |
 |
| Asher getting his 1st Everglades stamp |
 |
| Avery getting his 1st Everglades stamp |
 |
| Family picture. |
After we got our stamps at the Visitor Center we headed over to Anhinga Trail to get more stamps and show the boys the alligators that I had promised them. Right after we got there it started to pour, but in typical Florida fashion, the rain only lasted a few minutes and then it was all sunshine, rainbows and puddles!
 |
| Asher getting his 2nd Everglades stamp |
 |
| Avery getting his 2nd Everglades stamp |
 |
| Asher getting his hair wet from the rainfall. |
 |
| Vultures |
 |
| Avery starting to contemplate the puddles. |
 |
| Looking at an alligator...FINALLY! |
 |
| Awwww... |
Video: Alligator
 |
| Puddles!! |
 |
| Look at that Air! |
(3) Videos: Puddle Jumping
Video: Chameleon
 |
| I love you sooooo....Much, Much, Much, Much!! (Tickles & Giggles) |
Video: Tickles
After we finished looking up at the Everglades, we got back into our van and continued our way down to our hotel in the Florida Keys. We stayed at a placed called
Ocean Point Suites at Key Largo, which we chose for the reasonable pricing of a rentable-condo with two bedrooms & two bathrooms...necessary for travel with 4 adults and 2 kiddos. It was great. We had a great place to stay with view of the water and everything we needed for the week, an awesome pool, and access to the ocean. Our only complaints was the mattress of the pull-out couch which we quickly realized was not going to work for Eric and I to sleep on and the loudest dryer that I have ever heard! We did also miss the open ocean and saying goodnight to the sun as we'd done in previous Florida vacations, but those definitely were not trip ruiners!
As soon as we arrived at the resort, we headed over to the office to check in and it happened to be right next to the beach. We checked in and then the boys could not wait to get to the sand and water. As soon as Avery's feet walked off the drive and onto the sand he sat down and began to play and I'm pretty sure he would have stayed there for the remainder of the week if we'd let him!
 |
| Happy Boy #1 |
Eric and Asher on the other hand headed straight for the water.
 |
| Happy Boy #2 |
 |
| Avery needed some convincing to get into the water, but he did wet his toes. |
Once we got settled into our room, Eric went out and picked up some pizza for dinner and then we let the boys check out the pool before bed.
When we got back from the pool, Grandma and Papa put the boys to bed (or tried to, Asher wasn't thrilled that Mommy wasn't there) while Eric and I headed to the local grocery store to pick up some food for the week. When we got back (after using the stroller to bring our groceries up to the 4th floor), we all headed to bed to rest up for a fun day in the sun tomorrow!
 |
| Stroller or Grocery Cart? |
 |
| I realized on Wednesday afternoon that I'd forgotten Avery's nighttime buddy for the vacation. When we were at Walmart I gave him the option to pick a ball or a stuffed animal to sleep with at night. He chose the ball! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment