Monday, March 13, 2017

A Team Week 128: Shorty

Week 128 was incredibly short with just two days of work before our vacation!  On Monday I left work early for a check-up with my doctor and then headed to Christina's to pick up the boys and meet the newest member of their family: Echo, an eight week old pure-bred chocolate lab puppy.
Asher meeting Echo on Monday morning when Eric dropped him off.

New buddies.  Christina said that Echo really liked Asher and that whenever he would sit down Echo would come over and lay next to him.  <3


While I was cleaning out a drawer of my desk the weekend prior, I found an old digital camera which I gave to Asher and made him temporarily obsessed with taking pictures.  The following pictures of Echo were taken by our little photographer on my phone (along with a few hundred more that I will spare you from)...





On Tuesday, we went through our typical motions but that evening rather than making dinner we went out to eat at Chili's.   It was an enjoyable family dinner with everyone looking forward to our week off with Grandma and Papa (Asher had been counting down to see them but had no idea what we were actually doing).
Asher & Avery sharing an umbrella in the rain as we walked to Chili's

That night, Asher marked off the last day on his countdown calendar and then I finished up the packing so that we would be ready to go the next day.  On Wednesday morning we finished off our shorty week by finishing to get ready to go, running a few errands and then loading up the van to head out and see Grandma and Papa!

On Wednesday morning this "Big Bird" came to our yard for a visit.  For a while he sat on the fence and looked around.  The boys really wanted to send Emma out after it, but I was a little hesitant knowing that she is a small dog and even though it wouldn't be strong enough to lift her, it might be able to do damage to her back.  Eventually it flew away, but then came back and sat on the boys' slide.  They were elated that the big bird was going down the slide!  :P


No comments:

Post a Comment