Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Team Week 135: Fun with Grammy & Gramps


The week after Easter was a bit different than our typical week's schedule.  Monday through Wednesday were normal, but on Thursday and Friday the boys' daycare was closed which meant that Grammy and Gramps came out to help us out for the remainder of the week.

On Monday, I started my work week off with another visit at my client's house up North.  I took a little different way to get there than I normally do and found the directions at the end a bit humorous...

On Wednesday, the boys and I enjoyed our day off together by starting it out with some fun at Petrified Springs Park and a hike through the woods.  When we were ready to head home we did just that, where Asher made his own creative sandwich for lunch and we all ate and rested.  Then after rest time the boys cleaned all of the mud from their hard play outside off with a nice warm bubble bath.
The boys with their "walking sticks"

Asher's Lunch Creation

Stinky Feet!

On Wednesday night, Eric's parents arrived in Kenosha right around dinner time, so we met them at Mod Pizza for dinner.  The next day then, Asher and Avery were able to stay home with Grammy and Gramps while Eric and I headed off to work.  From the sounds of it they had a great day together and greeted us that night with a meatloaf dinner and brownies for dessert that they helped Grammy make.

On Friday, Eric and I again went to work while everyone else stayed home, but they didn't stay home long.  Instead they spent a good chunk of the morning at the Dream Playground where Asher and Avery both were able to show off their skills to Grammy and Gramps and reach new heights!













Avery organizing this apple slices

Migrin Boys

On Friday night Eric and I came home and gave the boys quick hugs and kisses and then left them again with Grammy and Gramps while we went out to look at a few houses, grab a quick dinner and get groceries...not exactly a romantic date night, but at least we had some kid-free time in the car together to talk.
...cause this is how we buy bacon!  :P

That night we got home after the kids were asleep and as promised we went into both of their rooms and gave them some sleepy bedtime kisses.  I don't know what it is but seeing my boys sleeping is one of the most precious sights.  <3

Saturday was a bright sunny day although a little windy and cool still.  We talked about going out to do something but instead we ended up spending the day at home and I got hard-core into some cleaning/organizing projects around the home, taking advantage of the additional help with the boys.  Later in the morning the boys found their kites in the garage so they headed down to the park to fly them with Grammy, Gramps and Eric while I stayed back to continue working on my projects with no 'helpers' nearby.







After everyone was done at the park they came back home and stayed outside, but Avery decided he was chilly and wanted to come in.  He asked me to play a game with him and I told him I was working on something at the time.  After that I thought he had gone back outside and didn't think anything else of it.  About 30-45 minutes later though I went into Asher's room to put something away and found Avery sitting on his bed playing with Asher's games and Snap Circuits.  As soon as he saw me, he knew I was going to make him put the stuff away and stop playing and he gave me a huge pouty lip and puppy dog eyes.


A snapshot of my progress after cleaning out the hall closet, basement closet, office closet and attic storage!!  Everything is neatly in its place and we got rid of two car loads of junk!

On Sunday our time with Grammy and Gramps came to a close.  We enjoyed a tasty breakfast of strawberry waffles and bacon and then had to say our goodbyes.  It was so nice to have them here to help us this week that Eric and I feared we had forgotten how to parent on our own!  ;P
Family Breakfast

Asher enjoying some sunshine in the hammock



Our Magnolia in full bloom.

After Grammy and Gramps left we went to church and after that the weather was gorgeous!  It was sunny and in the mid 70's so we decided to have grilled cheese and s'mores over the fire for dinner.  Unfortunately as we slept for nap time the weather quickly dropped and by the time it was time for dinner it was only in the mid 40's.  When you make a promise to two little kids though, you keep it...so a fire we made and grilled cheese and s'mores we ate to finish out our week.






Orange is the new black.  Our silly boys in their matching PJs before bed...thanks to cousin Jamerson!



Video: Avery reads Goodnight Gorilla for Bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment