![]() |
| Asher & I rocking our matching glasses on Monday morning... |
![]() |
| ...to which Eric commented, "Buddy take those glasses off, I'm not raising a hipster!" |
Video: My Flying Superhero
These days I consider Avery our little negotiator. He is always finding ways to bend the truth and the rules. Like his mommy, Asher is a rule-follower and doesn't like when things don't go his way but deals with it only by getting upset. Avery, on the other hand, takes after his Daddy in this regard and rather than throwing a fit tries to find a way around it. For example...
On this particular morning I walked into the Living Room to find Avery wearing his superhero cape and jumping from the bench onto the couch. I looked at him and said, "Avery, you know we don't jump on the couches!". He looked right back at me in all seriousness and replied, "No Mama, I flying!"
![]() |
| This screen capture from the video above makes me laugh! |
On the weekend prior to this, Eric counted 32 tulip buds that were close to opening. By the time we got home from work on Monday there were only 11 left. Determined to protect my favorite flowers, Eric and the boys spent Monday night putting netting around and over all of the flowers that we had left. On Tuesday night I came home to find the buds had changed color and would open any day now (including some red/yellow buds which are my FAVORITE!). Unfortunately though on Wednesday morning Eric went outside and found that during the night some terrible critter decided to break off ALL of the buds and leave them strewn haplessly on the ground, never to open. I'm not gonna lie, I almost cried. :( Wanting to help make mommy feel better, Asher proceeded to pick up the flower buds and place them back on the green stems (upside-down) for me to enjoy as much as possible. I can't say that it really worked, but knowing that my boys wanted to fix it for me did make me feel a little better.
The tulip tragedy of Wednesday morning kind of started the day off on the wrong foot and not wanting to let it stay that way I attempted to make it a better day. We played in the basement for a while and then for breakfast the boys and I enjoyed homemade strawberry-banana smoothies with raisin English muffins. Afterwards we headed down to the park before the rain came for the remainder of the day.
Side: While we were playing in the basement, Avery went for a "drive" in his toy car and when he was done he said, "I in Flo-da!" :P
We had a good time at the park, but I can't say I really enjoyed the rest of the day. We were all grumpy and crabby making for a VERY long day! Knowing it was a long day, Eric (despite having a tough week himself) finished up work and came straight home to pick up the boys and do some grocery shopping to give me some much needed time alone. Then after they got home and we had some dinner he took them outside to clean up the yard and give me more time to myself. Thank you my love! 
![]() |
| First corn of the season! |
Thursday continued to be "one of those days" from Wednesday. My car warned of a flat tire, requiring me to be quite late for work and then my work computer decided to update itself, leaving me with a half-hour wait and nothing to do followed by a glitchy computer from Apple's crappy update.
![]() |
| Potty Training. Mommy is trying to smile too. |
![]() |
| Avery's every day excuse for EVERYTHING (including potty training), "it's too hard!" |
When Saturday arrived, it was not just the weekend, but also our little girl's 9th birthday! Earlier in the week when the boys had gone shopping with Eric, he let them each pick out a toy to give her. As soon as Saturday morning arrived they were both very excited to wrap up the gifts and give them to their "big" sister!
![]() |
| The boys playing with Emma and her new toys (which both have loud squeakers and I have deemed "outside toys"). |
That afternoon, we passed the time with a trip to Sam's Club to get my tires fixed and get some samples. It was an easy way to spend a very rainy day, but unfortunately the samples were lacking. About a half hour after we arrived we were all ready to go back home but we still had to wait for them to finish working on my van. When Asher had to go potty, Avery and I decided that was a good excuse to kick back and relax while we waited. I found a massage chair over by the pharmacy where Avery and I parked ourselves and then used the store's wifi to enjoy Dinotrux on Netflix.
![]() |
| Me and my little negotiator snuggling in the massage chair at Sam's Club. |
![]() |
| Asher wearing his hat in the house to be like Daddy. |
![]() |
| <3 |
Video: Baby Avery
With my organizing kick I've been on lately, we have had lots of large bins sitting around the house waiting to be filled and/or reorganized. Avery found this empty one and decided to pretend he was a baby in a crib "wahhh, wahhh..."
On Sunday, we had a pretty long day which required a low-key, lazy movie night to cap off the week. I decided to introduce the boys to Disney's Toy Story, but the only problem was that we only have it on VHS (yes I'm that old). Surprisingly the VHS player worked perfectly after not being used in over a decade. The boys were confused by not being able to go directly to the movie and having to watch previews & commercials, but they both LOVED the movie and the nighttime snuggles to finish out the week.





















No comments:
Post a Comment