The week started off with rain on Monday morning but by the time I was close to work it had stopped and I saw a rainbow which from further away looked like it ended right at my office. Unfortunately there was no pot of gold to be found! Then on my way home that night I saw another rainbow from the same location!
![]() |
| The rainbow on my way in to work (it is faint but you can see part of it just above the condo building on the left. |
While we were at work that day I got a notification for a new home on the market that was of interest to us. We went and saw it that night and although we both liked it quite a bit, it wasn't quite "home". After owning a house for 10 years though and starting our family there, I'm not entirely sure there is anything out there in our price range that will feel right.
![]() |
| The house was nice enough, but I did have to chuckle when I left the house and looked back to realize that the garage "windows" had been spray painted on! |
As I continued my OCD mission to get things organized and done around the house this week I finally got around to adding all of the kids previous measurements to our growth chart to see how much they've grown. It's hard to believe they both were only 22" tall at one point!
Wednesday the boys and I had a great day and productive day home together
![]() |
| Asher wanted Ninja Turtle pancakes for breakfast but I wasn't overly ambitious and opted for frozen waffles instead, so he decided to make his own ninja turtle. |
![]() |
| I think he's pretty cute! |
![]() |
| We surprised Daddy by raking up all of the Magnolia petals. |
![]() |
| The boys wanted to get some "work" done in the office, so I followed suit. ;) |
Video: Cutie Pa-Tootie Shakin' His Bootie
Thursday night we needed a grocery run, so we enjoyed a family trip to Meijer followed up with some ice cream from McD's.
On Friday, the weekend started early with a gorgeous day and picking the boys up early from daycare (which had to close early). I decided to get some spray painting done and the boys begged to do some painting of their own.
When Saturday came my desire to organize and sort through everything in our house came back with a vengeance. I continued making my way room by room through the house, spending most of my morning cleaning the bathrooms, but when Asher asked if I would play with him I couldn't say no. He pulled out the game of Sorry and insisted I teach it to him and so we gave it a shot. It didn't last long as he wasn't a real fan of the premise of the game, but we did have a few minutes of fun at least and then switched to Candy Land.
When nap time came we enjoyed our rest. When Avery woke up he quietly snuck into my room, crawled into my bed and snuggled up with me without saying a word. <3
In the afternoon Asher also got the OCD bug and wanted to help me clean up his room. Since he recently conquered nighttime and no longer needs pull-ups to sleep in he suggested we re-purpose his under-bed drawer for something else. This resulted in the new Lego Drawer.
That evening we had family dinner at HuHot and I as I sat at the table with my boys I couldn't' help but think of all that has changed in the past few years. To be honest some of it made me rather sad, but then I looked back at my beautiful/handsome boys (all three of them) and know that I am nothing but blessed.
![]() |
| Watching the grillers at HuHot |
Finally, we finished up another blessed week that God has given us on Sunday with a typical day of rest at home/church.
![]() |
| I won the lottery on Sunday with double reds! |
We discovered the Snap-Chat-Like features of Facebook on my iPhone...
![]() |
| My little Minion |
![]() |
| Eric's Mom was also cleaning/organizing her home and found this...our engagement photos from 15 years ago! So much has changed (including my now gray hair & post-partum belly) #blessed. |
































No comments:
Post a Comment