
This week started off with my 38th birthday. Since it was a Monday, we really couldn't do anything too exciting for my birthday but I did get a little "present" from my boss at work. He allowed me to spend the day designing some interior wood slat details which considering he does about 99.9% of the design work in our office was pretty exciting. He even told me that he thought the design of the wood work could "make or break the house". No pressure there. Anyway, I had fun designing it even though I knew the chances of my design being built with no changes were not good. Now, several weeks later, the entire house has gone through several major changes making my design basically irrelevant but oh well. If I had to work, it was at least a fun way to spend my birthday.
When work was finished, we headed out to the Olive Garden for a family dinner. The boys were surprisingly well behaved making it a fairly enjoyable dinner experience (not something that happens often). When dinner was over we headed back home to eat up the yummy berry cheesecake that Eric and Asher had made for me and when that was finished it was time for a few presents and then bedtime.
Video: Happy Birthday to Me
Video: My Gift from the Boys
On Thursday it was the birthday of a dear friend who passed away a year and a half ago. As one of the most humble, Christ-centered, loving, selfless people I have ever known Mike Hryshkanych's birthday will forever be known in our home as #belikemikeday. Thus the boys and I all got on our Be Like Mike T-Shirts to celebrate the life of a legend.
![]() |
| I love how his eyes close tight when he smiles big! :) |
Video: Happy Be Like Mike Day!
On Friday (Friday the 13th) I had nothing but good luck and some belated birthday treats. Asher had summer school that morning so Avery and I played together in the early morning and then we were joined with my friend Richenda and her adorable crew (complete with some cupcake goldfish for me!). :)
When lunchtime came our friends went home, Avery and I picked up Asher at school and then I dropped them both off at daycare so that Eric and I could have a post-birthday date/celebration for the remainder of the afternoon. We got massages together and then headed over to Red Robin for all-you-can eat french fries (the garlic parmesan fries are awesome!) and mud pie to share. It was a perfect afternoon of adult-only time...EXACTLY what I truly wanted for my birthday!
When Saturday came, the weekend truly began and the birthday treats continued. The weekend started off with Eric taking the boys out of the house for the ENTIRE morning while I took a nap and enjoyed some alone time at home. While I relished my free time the boys went to Burlington RV to tour all of the campers, play on the playground and enjoy some free lunches. Then they continued their fun with a walk through Walmart and then ice cream cones from McDonalds. Lucky kids and an even luckier Momma!
Video: Avery & Asher Playing Mario Kart
Video: Little Dinos
This video with the picture above makes me laugh every time. Too funny!
That evening we continued our fun by meeting Aaron and Erika with their crew at Portillo's for dinner. The weather was beautiful outside so we enjoyed our dinner on the patio while the boys ran around and played nearby.
Finally, what better way to end my birthday week?..On Sunday it was National Ice Cream Day!! To celebrate, the boys and I enjoyed banana splits at home for a special treat that afternoon!






































No comments:
Post a Comment