Sunday, August 12, 2018

Cottage Weekend Pt 2: Lake Time

As I wrote in my last post, the day of Asher's birthday was near 100 degrees and I was running around all day with a dull headache and not taking in enough water.  That night, the headache was still there but I went to bed without taking anything hoping that some rest would take it away.  Unfortunately I was wrong...VERY wrong.  I woke in the middle of the night with my head completely throbbing but I didn't want to wake the rest of the house searching for some Tylenol, so I forced myself to go back to sleep.  When morning came I was in full migraine mode.  My head felt like it might explode any minute, I felt incredibly nauseous and the light of the day felt like a weapon of evil.  I forced myself downstairs to ask Eric's mom if she had some Tylenol and while she searched for me the motion of walking downstairs and my nausea got the best of me.  Sparing you the gory details, Eric's mom soon delivered some water and Tylenol to me and I immediately headed back upstairs for a few hours while I got more rest and let the medicine do its job.

In the meantime, the boys had a delightful morning together with some sunrise fishing, playing with cousins and trying out all Asher's birthday gifts.


As the day wore on, my headache slowly went away and we enjoyed a great rest of the day (another VERY HOT summer day) down the lake...but today I remembered to drink more water!


Sorry Ladies, He's All Mine!  :P



The next day (Monday) started off MUCH better and continued with much of the same cottage activities: Fishing...Cousin Play...Lake Time.





























Asher Waterskiing:










Video: Asher Waterskiing

Emmett Waterskiing:






Avery Waterskiing:







Video: Avery Waterskiing

Olive Waterskiing:






And you can't enjoy Lake Time without a boat ride to the ice cream store, right!?
"Grammy.  Keeper of the Sunglasses."










Video: I'm the King of the World








No comments:

Post a Comment