Sunday, March 31, 2019

A2H 2019.08-09: This and That

These two weeks were our seventh and eighth weeks as a family of five.  We didn't really do anything extraordinary during this time and I don't have any great stories to share, but they were still pretty great weeks as Hazel really started to smile and "talk" to us right before the first week began.  Thus, I spent a lot of time doing anything I could think of (talking, singing, making silly animal noises, dancing, etc) to make our little cutie smile and talk back to me! :)

On Monday, February 18th, Asher's school celebrated their 100th day of the school year by asking the kids to dress like they were 100 years old.  Asher wanted in on the action so I did my best to dress him for the part and dumped a bunch of baby powder into his hair to make it look white.  I tried to find some glasses that he could wear but couldn't find any other than some girly ones I had from an old costume I wore...so I let Hazel try them on! ;)
FB Post: Dress Like You’re 100 Day #celebrating100daysofschool


Asher's white Hair

Asher and his classmates that dressed up.

Avery wasn't interested in looking old but he did ask me to do his hair.  Rather than baby powder, he requested a mohawk.

From the first time we ever put her into it, Hazel has loved her swing.  She especially loves the little birds that 'fly' around above her and immediately perks up with interest when I turn them on for her! :)

Sleepy Girl

Video: Talking with Hazel






Our morning snuggles are the best and are GREATLY missed as I am now back at work. :(

I love how she crosses her feet often when she sleeps.

Those Chins!!  ;P


Video: Talking with Hazel

On Wednesday night this week Eric, Hazel & I enjoyed our weekly Awana date at Mod Pizza.  I'd been wanting to make a new pizza concoction for a while based on a few Facebook pictures friends of mine had posted and recipes I had perused.  My pizza had a garlic rub on the crust followed by spinach, arugula and basil, followed by mozzarella and parmesan cheese with roasted broccoli, mushrooms, and roasted garlic cloves on top.  It was delicious and the taste reminded me of artichoke cheese dip.  I can't wait to have it again!


I just can't take enough photos of this little cutie.  I know I go waaaaay overboard, but since she changes pretty much daily, I have to do my best to capture it all! ;)


Video: Talking and Big Smiles with Hazel

At school, Asher and a couple of his friends built a huge block pyramid using every single block they could find.  Asher was pretty proud of it and made sure to send me a picture (& video) of it from his school app to mine.

On Thursday night we had BLTs for dinner and like usual the process of cooking the bacon made our entire house stink.  As I snuggled up our little girl that night, I realized that Hazel (who was in her swing close to the cooking bacon) soaked up much of the smell in our fine little baby hair.
FB Post: When baby’s head smells of 🥓 #bltsitswhatsfordinner


That day I had also dressed her from head to toe in her Michigan gear and like everything else, I had to document it...
FB Post: 💙💛 #futurewolverine



On Friday, Avery was home with us so he and Hazel both took some baths.  Then at lunch Eric brought Asher home from school and shortly after some friends of ours came over for a marathon playdate.  They stayed and played all afternoon and then we ended up having dinner together at our home (which they prepared!).

Facebook Post:
Avery: “Momma, are you an old lady?”
Me: “What do you think?”
Avery: “Yes!”
Me: 
😒

Hazel with our little friend Nicholas.


On Saturday, after a busy day on Friday, we all enjoyed sleeping in.  Then that afternoon Eric and Avery went to Parkside's last home basketball game (Asher wasn't interested in going) while Asher, Hazel and I hung out at home together.


Eric's specialty tickets got them some free lemon bars from the hospitality room.

Asher and I playing a game of Matching.

While Eric and Avery were gone, Little Miss decided that she was EXTREMELY unhappy about something.  I am guessing it was gas of some sort, but she was inconsolable which is very unlike her. The only thing I could do to calm her down was to take her up into the nursery and rock her.  Poor girl.

The next day was Sunday and since Asher had been given a coupon for a free Family Day at the YMCA that expired at the end of February and this was the last weekend in February the boys had a fun outing together of rock climbing and swimming.  The time was proof that our biggest little guy is growing up!  Asher made it almost all the way to the top of the rock wall and then wanted to jump off the diving board while they were swimming.  Last year when he did this, they allowed him to wear a swim vest, but this year they wouldn't let him do it.  Instead, Eric treaded water at the end of the board as he waited for Asher to jump in so he could help him back to the pool's edge.  It turned out though that our guy didn't need it and is officially a swimmer now!  :)


Princess here continues to think that everything on the floor is for her.

For dinner that night we made another family outing to Corner Bakery.  The highlight: Cookies!  The boys got to pick a cookie to go with their meals and Asher shared half of his with me.  It was an amazing cookie.  I will definitely be going back for more in the future! ;)





___

The next week was much of the same...trying to get the most of my time with Hazel before it is all over. :(
FB Post: 💕Pretty in Pink



FB Post: You are perfect baby girl just the way you are. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. #littlemisssunshine



Baby Bath Curls

When I was pregnant with the boys I picked one boy and one girl outfit to bring to the hospital for our baby-to-be.  Obviously I did not get to use the girl outfits I selected, so when my niece Olive was born, I passed the outfits along to my sister-in-law.  At that time, I never expected that those outfits would find their way back to me, but the outfit I purchased for Asher (if he'd been a girl) did.  Thus, I HAD to see how my baby girl looked in the adorable little summer romper I'd purchased almost seven years before!





On Tuesday, February 26 Asher came home upset because he said that kids were making fun of his beloved baby sister.  A few days prior, he had taken a picture of Hazel on his (very cheap) camera and he wanted us to print it for him.  On this particular morning he took that printed picture to school to show his friends at the YMCA after school program.  Unfortunately, he said that kids were saying she looked weird and that she wasn't cute.  Being the very sensitive kid that he his, this made him so sad.  I tried to be a good example and tell him that kids say mean things and to just ignore them, but inside, the mama bear in me thought, “let me at ‘em!!”. #kidsaremean #mamabear👊🏻#dontmesswithmybabies

Needing some fun that evening, we taught Asher how to play UNO...



Sibling snuggle before school on Wednesday morning...


We finished out this week with a visit from Grandma and Papa which led to a fun adventure for the boys and a wonderful quiet weekend for Eric and I.  The boys knew that they were coming all week and Avery (who has little concept of time) continually asked us when they would arrive...

FB Post: “Tomorrow”
Avery has had a hard time grasping the word tomorrow for as long as I can remember. When I tell him that something is happening ‘tomorrow’ he asks, “is that the next day?” And I tell him yes. A week or two ago after several questions like this I told him that ‘tomorrow’ is always the next day.
Fast forward to yesterday when Avery asks Eric if he has to go to daycare ‘tomorrow’. After Eric tells him yes, he gets upset and responds, “but mommy said that tomorrow is EVERY day!” #lawyeredbya4yearold
This morning he asks me, “Mommy, are Grandma & Papa coming today?” I say, “No, tomorrow.” Frustrated, he responds, “but you said today is tomorrow!!” 😂😂

Hazel hanging out with Mommy and Daddy while the boys are at Awana on Wednesday night.

Messy girl...barfed all over herself Thursday morning. :P




Finally, on Thursday night Grandma and Papa arrived just in time to save my sanity from asking when they would arrive!  The boys and Hazel spent Friday playing with them while Eric and I had some other business to attend to.

FB Post: #playingcatchup

Grandma is always willing to play fort with the boys.  Even when no one else is! <3

Hazel modeling part of an outfit I purchased for her that arrived via Amazon.

LOL!

After a long day for Eric and I on Friday, Mom and Dad graciously took the boys on Saturday morning for an overnighter at my brother's home with their cousins.  Meanwhile Eric and I enjoyed some much needed downtime with our little girl.  It was strange to have such a quiet house for 24 hours, but kind of wonderful (as long as only temporary) as well.


FB Post: Deep Discussions #fatherdaughterlove


Thumbs up to sleeping in on Sunday morning!



In the late afternoon on Sunday Grandma and Papa brought back some very tired little boys and reunited them with Eric, Hazel and I to finish out our week.
Cousin Sleepover.

No comments:

Post a Comment