Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A2H 2019.11: Little Miss Sunshine

This week was my final week of maternity leave...ever!  I cringed at the thought of going back to work and missing my Little Miss Sunshine, but did my best to enjoy the week and the time I had left at home with her which meant lots of photos, silly faces, playtime, bath time, naps, shopping and snuggles galore!
March 13 FB Post: Just told Hazel that I have to go back to work next week! 😱#littlemisssunshine









My adorable little nugget <3

On Monday, Avery wasn't feeling well so he stayed home with Hazel and I for the day.  After she had a blow-out I dressed her in a crab onesie that both of the boys wore.  Avery apparently decided that it was not girly enough because he insisted that she have a bow as well ("she looks cute with a bow").


After wearing the bow for a little while, Avery pulled it down on her forehead deciding that she should now be a ninja.



On Tuesday morning the boys let us girls sleep in and left without waking us up..

Video: Goodbye from the Boys

#bedhead


My girls playing together.

Wednesday...












Showing off her standing skills.

Thursday...


Friday was our last girls' day together.  We enjoyed more snuggles, playtime and some shopping together.


March 15 FB Post: It figures that I’d finally have a baby girl and Payless ShoeSource goes out of business 😓 Divine intervention maybe? #lovemesomebabyshoes#ifonlymoneygrewontrees

I saw these shoes at Kohl's and if Hazel were a few years older I might have purchased them.  They reminded me of my Punky Brewster days!  <3




March 15 FB Post: Last Girls’ Day 💕 #littlemisssunshine




On Saturday, our girls' time was over but Hazel and I still enjoyed some girl time along with time with our boys.
Trying on her new dress for dedication.



Asher was feeling sad and needing some Mommy time on Saturday, so he and I went out on our own shopping trip.  First we headed to the dollar store with $1 of his money so that he could pick and purchase ONE item.  It took a while to make the decision, but he ended up on some rope.  Afterwards we headed over to Hobby Lobby where I let him select a sketch book/journal of his choice to write and draw his emotions.  He is a very sensitive little boy and I thought having an outlet for his emotions and something to also look back on the happy moments in life might help. 
March 16 FB Post: The kid in the candy store has got nothin’ on this kid in the dollar store! #decisionsdecisions #burningaholeinmypocket


Hazel and Eric played a little bit of Mario on Nintendo Switch...




On Sunday (also St. Patrick's Day) we got bundled up in our winter coats even thought it was fairly warm out to take our Winter family picture.


Happy Girl!


On Sunday night we all got our Michigan gear on to watch the Michigan-Michigan State basketball game.  It didn't go as we'd hoped, but at least we looked good! ;)
Her face in this picture is too funny.


March 17 FB Post: Let’s Go Blue!! 💙💛🏀 #littlemisssunshine #thecutestlittlecheerleader








For dinner that night we enjoyed our traditional St. Patty's Day meal: Ruebens!!  With a side of tots (because an Irish day requires potatoes) and a mug of beer (root beer floats that is).




No comments:

Post a Comment