Wow. Hazel is already 2 months old! The time is flying by and as I type this maternity leave is already a thing of the past. :(
In two months, my heart has grown immensely for our little girl. I am bursting with joy and love for our Little Miss Sunshine...and sunshine she is! Hazel is a happy little ray of sunshine wherever we go. She is constantly smiling and really only cries if she is gassy or gets too hungry.
On her 2 month birthday, I made sure to take Hazel's 2 month photos right away that morning, because a short time after we were at the pediatrician's office for her 2-month wellness visit and her first round of vaccinations. At her visit she measured in at 12 pounds, 10 ounces (which is exactly 2 pounds less than her 'twin' Avery was) a 15.5" head circumference and 23.5" tall. Other than being very unhappy about her shots, the appointment went very well and she is developing exactly as she should.
In addition to her growth physically, she is also continues to grow hair and fingernails like a gangbuster! The fact that I am going to have to learn how to do little girl hair and deal with the snarls and tangles freaks me out a little bit! Her hair also continues to lighten as do her eyes which are a much brighter blue now than they were when she was born. I have always hoped a little that one of our kids would retain their baby blues, but since the rest of us all have green eyes and her name is actually Hazel, I don't think it was meant to be.
Developmentally, Hazel is right on track. She makes eye contact (although at this age she does still go cross-eyed once in a while) and at around 6 weeks old she started to smile at and 'talk' to us, which meant that we spent a lot of time doing silly things to see her beautiful smile.
While her smile is very expressive, her frown is as well and makes me crack up a bit. She is already a pro at the pouty face and I fear we are in trouble as she continues to master it and grows older.
For the first half of her second month Hazel continued to sleep most of the time, but as she grew closer to her 'birthday' she was awake more and more giving us more time to play. She loves when I sing to her and really seems to enjoy Once Upon a December (from the Anastasia soundtrack) along with You Are My Sunshine, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Baby Shark and a few others. She also really enjoys animal noises and the ones that are higher pitched, such as the horse, chicks and cat seem to be her favorites.
Sleep wise, our little girl is doing about the same as Avery did, meaning that she gets me up several times a night and often insists on being held.
She also loves to eat and nurses several times a day. She loves our snuggle times and I really can't complain, because I do too. When she can't get fed fast enough she is quick to find her hands to munch on.
Being that she is the third child, Hazel rarely enjoys bath time like the boys did. I do give her baths in the sink once in a while, but usually she just comes into the shower with us to get washed up. It is fast and easy and she likes the water trickling over her belly. :)
![]() |
| Love Baby Piggies! |
So that is our baby girl at two months old. I would say that I cannot wait to see what month three brings, but I am so far behind that as I type this Hazel is already three months and one day old!...another sign of child number three! In closing, here are a 'few' more pictures from her two month photo shoot. I can never choose which ones to post and which ones to leave out! ;)
![]() |
| Love the baby rolls! |
![]() |
| Those eyes! <3 |
Video: 2 Months Old
For Comparison's Sake: Avery at Two Months Old...





































%2BBaby%2BLife%2B2%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B2%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B2%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment