Saturday, November 14, 2020

A2H 2020.42 - Fall Beauty

Another beautiful week of Fall...

Monday, October 12:
Eric found some Baby Yoda shirts at Meijer for Hazel.  I couldn't help getting taking a few pictures! ;)




Tuesday, October 13:
This week was also Red Ribbon Week at the boys' school.  On Monday everyone wore read and on Tuesday they had Team Up Against Drugs Day.

On Tuesday night Hazel's Halloween costume arrived in the mail.  I couldn't wait to try it on!

Wednesday, October 14:
FP: Don't Get Tied Up In Drugs Day


Thursday, October 15:
Run Away From Drugs Day

FB Post: If you are in need of a smile this evening here is ‘Baby Yoda trick-or-treating as a witch” by Avery. #yourewelcome

Friday, October 16:
On Friday, Hazel and I enjoyed our typical Friday morning home together. After breakfast I found her hiding under the Dining Room table and refusing to open her mouth after I spotted her with an Oreo.

I also apparently found her stash...a small Lego box with a piece of cracker and half of an Oreo side.

After the Oreo fiasco, we headed upstairs for a bath.  Curious to see if I could make her hair curly, I attempted some rollers.  Then I worked to clean up our upstairs while she found her own forms of entertainment, one of which being some 'fancy new stickers' (aka panty liners).

After I'd picked things up upstairs, we headed back downstairs.  I worked on some laundry while she did this:

FB Post: It’s 2020. Anything goes!


Wake Up Drug Free Day

On Friday afternoon, we took advantage of a beautiful day for our annual Fall hike.  After Hazel woke up from her nap the kids and I headed to Petrified Springs Park.  We enjoyed a little time playing there and then were joined by Eric for our hike.



















If you look closely at this picture it captured Hazel's hair in mid throw, standing completely straight up.

FB Post: Weekends don’t get much better than this!!! #fallwiththefam



























Video: Fun with Daddy





































Saturday, October 17:
The weekend was spent with laziness and family time a home.  I love watching Asher and Hazel together. He is constantly on the verge of smothering her with his love but is always so sweet to her and she absolutely adores him. 💖
Video: Asher Reading to Hazel




Video: Peek-a-Boo Hazel

In the afternoon Eric and the kids raked up leaves while I got some work done inside.  Then they had some fun in the pile!






(3) Videos: Leafy Fun



On Saturday night we enjoyed more family time with a movie.  We introduced the kids to the movie Beethoven and snacked on a ridiculously huge take-home bag of popcorn from the movie theater.



When the movie was finished, Eric continued the 'blast from the past' by showing the kids some original Nintendo games.  We tried to let them play Duck Hunt like the kids in the movie had been playing but realized that the Nintendo gun does not work on today's flatscreen TVs. :(
FB Post: Kickin it old school tonight. Introduced the kids to the Beethoven movie and now this. BTW all three of the kids LOVED the movie. They just don’t make ‘em like they used to!


Sunday, October 18:
Finally on Sunday we simply continued the beauty of the weekend with more family time and a yummy fall dessert.  When we were hiking on Friday somehow the topic of hot apples came up and the boys thought that that sounded really gross.  At that point I realized that I needed to introduce them to baked apples.  On Sunday afternoon I prepared them and then we all enjoyed them for dessert that evening.  After a taste test they both agreed that hot apples are definitely NOT gross! ;)
💖


Church with the littles...Ugh.


Blanket fresh out of the dryer. 💓


She adores him. 😍


Hard at Work.

Strategically Arranged.

Video: Peek-a-Boo





Baked Apples...Yum!






Finally, we finished out the night and the week with some hide-and-go-seek.  This was Hazel's first attempt at playing with the boys.  She didn't quite get the concept of staying put and hiding, but she still had a lot of fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment