Saturday, October 16, 2021

Winter Visit with Grammy and Gramps

Wow.  I have completely neglected writing/blogging and am trying to play catch up.  My goal is to post some month-to-month blogs to document the important and most memorable parts of the past year.  We will see how I do, but in the mean time, this is the first 'Catchup', which is actually a post I started righting back in February and never finished! 😳here goes...

While the boys were doing virtual school on Thursday A2H Week 2021.02, Eric and I secretly packed and loaded up the van.  As soon as they were finished we told the what we were up to, had them grab their things and then we were on our way to go and visit Grammy and Gramps for the first time since August.  To say the were excited would be an understatement!

The drive went fairly smoothly and we arrived at their home at around 9:30 that evening.  Hazel was very tired and needed a few minutes orient herself and snuggle with mommy, but once she was comfortable she went straight for Grammy and then they were buddies for the remainder of the weekend.💗


On Friday morning, the boys had to do virtual school and Eric and I both needed to catch up on a little work, so Grammy and Hazel hung out while we do so.  Grammy introduced Hazel to stickers and she has been a BIG fan ever since! -9 months after I wrote this, Hazel is still OBSESSED with stickers! :)


Once the boys had finished their half day of school, they spent the rest of the day play with Grammy and Gramps and enjoying all that the cottage has to offer (well at least all that is winter-friendly!).


Avery 'swimming' on the Mr. Log towel.

Video: Mr. Log Swim


Men and kids Hot Tub Party.  I tried to avoid letting Hazel out too, but she was so sad that she couldn't go I had to change my mind.




Warming up and rinsing off after her Hot Tub Party :)

(2) Videos: Skydiving Baby



That evening we enjoyed a little birthday celebration for Hazel complete with brownies, ice cream and presents!




Video: Happy Birthday
She has so much fun blowing out per birthday candle, Grammy just couldn't have her do it only once! ;)



Asher sporting the headband bow that came with Hazel's Snow White dress.



Hazel also got a cradle for her baby and had to put Baby to bed soon after! ;)


Rocking a bit rough😂

After the birthday celebration, we finished the night off with The Croods movie.



Eric reading Hazel a GIANT copy of Goodnight Moon before bed.


On Saturday, we enjoyed a relaxing day of visiting with Grammy and Gramps and enjoying more of the cottage.
Hazel & Grammy checking out the fish collection.








Mario Kart Live!


Even Grammy got to play! :)


Learning to play Pandemic with Gramps!



Time with Grammy is Just Ducky



Family Yahtzee


On Sunday we had to head back home to get back to work and school  :( but not before a yummy breakfast, a final Hot Tub Party and some photos. 









No comments:

Post a Comment