On September 30, my little guy turned 3 months old! 1/4 of a year already...I cannot believe it. He is growing up so fast. Every time I hear that "he will grow up in a blink of an eye", it sounds so cliche, but it is SO true. I find myself trying to process and store every bit of his life. I don't want to forget anything, and yet I feel like I already don't remember how it felt to hold him as a newborn (other than amazing, of course). He wasn't a tiny baby, but he felt so small and fragile. Now he feels huge. Pretty much every time someone sees him, they will comment on how big he is...with some people even thinking he must be about 6 months old! We measured him the other day, and at a little more than 3 months old he is 15.6 pounds, 26 inches long and has a head circumference of 17.5 inches. He is a BIG baby...still at the high end of the charts. As much as I know that, I will admit that it annoys me every time that someone tells me how big he is. It doesn't annoy me because I care that he is bigger than other babies his age (I don't...other than the fact that he is slowly killing my back). It annoys me because it is another reminder that my little guy is growing up way to fast. I wouldn't want him not to grow, but at the same time I would be okay if he would slow down a bit. The other day I was dancing in the kitchen with him and I couldn't help but think that someday we will be dancing together at his wedding...yikes! I look forward to seeing the man he will be become, but I also relish the baby coos, the mouth bubbles, the shy smiles and even the crying (especially the fake ones, which just make me laugh).
This month was a fun one. As I mentioned before, he started smiling and cooing during the middle of his second month. This month he continued that and it was SO fun to play with him. We find ourselves constantly doing idiotic things to get a reaction out of him. I am thinking that we should start videotaping ourselves rather than him to remember how silly we would be just for him. He is a fun little person and I thoroughly enjoy seeing his personality come out.
Asher also became much more interested in his hands this month. His hand-eye coordination has greatly improved, and you can almost always see him with his hands in his mouth these days. In addition to moving his hands where he wants them, he has also become a pro at moving the rest of his body. His arms & legs flail all over the place, and his legs have become strong enough that he can stand very well (if he is balanced). As he moves through the world around him, he is also soaking it all up with his eyes. He has become much more interested in toys, and follows Eric & I as we move through the house. He talks quite a bit these days, and both Eric & I have noticed that his "talking" seems to be getting much more involved/complicated. I can't help but think that he looks like the Simpsons when he sticks out this lips though. Asher has also become much better at sleeping at night. A couple of times he has slept for more than 8 hours, and most nights he will sleep for 6-7 (although the past week or so, he has been waking us up more). We are still waiting for Asher to roll over, but with almost 16 pounds to move, I don't blame him for taking his time on that. Finally, as I mentioned in a previous post he did have one other milestone this month. On the eve before his 3 month birthday, Eric got him to laugh...cutest laugh ever! :)
To close, enjoy the videos & pictures of our little 3 month old!
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+3+Months+-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment