Sunday, October 7, 2012

Baby Life Week 14

This week started off with a visit from a good friend & her new hubby (Christina & Jerry Ort).  They came to meet our little guy, and we got to see her adorable baby bump (I wish I had looked that good at 8 months pregnant!).  They couldn't stay for long, but we had a good time visiting and catching up.  Hopefully we will be able to do it again someday when we have a little more time (but since we both will have babies very soon, time is not something that we have a lot of these days).
Christina & Asher (with Jerry in the background).
After Christina & Jerry left, I headed to Pleasant Prairie to get Eric's 10 year anniversary present (finally).  This year, the gift had to be tin or aluminum, and I had a hard time coming up with an idea.  Just days before our anniversary (August 10th), it dawned on me that a bike wheel has aluminum spokes, and with the recent changes in our life I knew what to get him...a bike trailer to take his new little buddy for a ride.  Unfortunately I was not able to get him one in time because I refused to pay the costs they ask for a new one.  Instead, I made Eric wait to get his gift until I could find one on Craiglist...this week that happened, and I was able to keep my promise (& hold up 10 years of tradition).

Eric opening his late anniversary gift.

I only "wrapped" the wheels for him, and then brought him out to the garage (eyes closed) to find the rest.
I wasn't really sure what he would think of this gift idea, but I think he liked it.  It didn't take him long to get it hooked up to the bike and take it for a test run (without Asher who will need to wait until Spring, when he is bigger).
Later that afternoon, Eric was playing with Asher & got him to laugh for the first time (He has laughed in his sleep, but we have never heard that laugh with him awake until now).  I don't think I've ever heard so much excitement in Eric's voice.  :)
Eric & Asher playing

Video: After Eric got Asher to laugh, I grabbed the camera & was able to get this one little laugh on camera.

After we enjoyed Asher's laugh, we packed up and headed over to the Post's house for a dinner to brainstorm ways to reach the youth of IBC and Kenosha. Greg Stier (president of Dare 2 Share Ministries) was there to speak to us.  It was a pretty awesome time.  He is a great speaker.  It is awesome to see how God is using him and inspiring to think about how God can use me.  It was also nice to have some time with other adults.  We did take Asher with us to the dinner, but so many people wanted to hold him, that we were able to have a little bit of a "night off".

On Sunday morning, we relaxed a bit before going to church to hear Greg speak again (again, it was awesome...I think I could have listened to him all day).
Emma enjoying the morning sunshine.
Asher & I enjoying a morning snuggle.

After church, we had some good 'ole family time and then Asher & I had his 3 month photo shoot while daddy went out to run some errands.









He loves to wiggle!
Video: That night, we played with Asher a bit more.  I got him to copy my silly faces a bit...

Video: ...and Eric got him to laugh some more (this video has a lot more laughing than the last).







Video: A little later in the week, I got to play with him some more.  I couldn't get him to laugh, but I did get some pretty good smiles out of him! :)

The remainder of the week was quite busy with work (both at home and at work), so we didn't get many other pictures.  We did, however, get a new countertop finally, but I will share more on that later. Here are the final pics of the week...not really ending on a good note, but he was SUPER cute in this outfit! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment