Baby Life Week 31 was a good week which was fairly uneventful, with a few memorable moments.
On Saturday, we enjoyed a lot of lazy time at home along with swimming class and a trip to Racine to check out car seats mixed in. While we were home in the afternoon, we also decided to take advantage of the snow and try to get our family seasonal picture in our adirondack chairs to match the others. The pictures were not as successful as the others, since Asher is a bit more mobile and Emma was not cooperating. We tried to get them done fast, but it was getting chilly so I only got a couple of pictures of Asher alone (after the 2nd or 3rd picture, he tipped forward out of the chair and got a face wash in the snow, ending the photo session...I know, the Bad Mommy Award goes to me!).
![]() |
| Emma refused to sit still or to look at the camera. |
![]() |
| The picture without Emma is a bit more successful. |
![]() |
| Asher pre face-wash. |
As I mentioned we headed up to Racine on Saturday evening to check out car seats at BabiesRUs. I had done a lot of research online, but was hoping to find the seats I liked to see how they fit Asher. Unfortunately they only had one of the seats on my list, but Asher seemed pretty happy about it (even though this probably is not the seat he will get)...I think he was just thrilled to sit in a seat that actually fit him.
While I was looking at the other seats, Eric entertained Asher by letting him walk around the store in this walker. He was pretty excited by the freedom.
Video: Asher in the BRU walker.
Video: Asher in his Jumperoo that evening. He is definitely figuring out how to be a complete maniac (& enjoy its full potential) in it.
On Sunday, we enjoyed church in the morning and afterwards we headed to the church gym for a get-to-know-you-lunch. We had thrown together a potluck-type lunch to be able to get to know the new young couples and families that have been attending. Eric and I sat at a table with a couple from Texas. As we talked to them we found out that they have a vacation home there that they rent out to vacationers when they themselves are not there. When I mentioned that I was from the UP (& got very blank stares back from them), I realized that they had little idea what I was talking about, but then the wife asked if people from there were called Yoopers. When I told her that yes I was a Yooper, she told me that there was a couple that were from the UP that had rented their home for 3 months last year to visit their daughter who was a teacher there in Lubbock. That story sounded eerily familiar, so I asked if they knew the couples' names. I mentioned the Coopers, and it turned out that it was them! The parents of one of my best friends rented this couples' home, and we just happened to meet them and talk to them on this Sunday afternoon. What are the odds??
The rest of that day was spent relaxing at home.
On Tuesday, I found Asher's first tooth (lower middle left), and on Wednesday we found a second tooth (but photographing the mini pearly whites proves to be quite difficult). Also on Wednesday, Asher turned 7 months old!!! Craziness!
Thursday was spent working followed by a long drive to the cottage for a weekend in Michigan, but I will get to that another time...
+At+Home+-Emma.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Me,+Emma,+Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Me,+Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)


+Baby+Life+-Emma,+Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher+&+Emma.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment