To be completely honest, this week wasn't our best. As I've mentioned in previous posts, Asher hasn't been sleeping the best lately. We feel like there must be some way to fix it...if only we could figure out what the problem is: Is Asher too cold, too hot, not able to move around enough, moving around too much, teething, not tired, overtired, gassy??? Maybe all or none of the above. The fact of the matter though, is that he is 7 months old, and even though he has been sleeping amazingly since he was two months old, we never should expect that it would be that way forever. Due to our lack of sleep we have been exhausted lately and kind of in a funk...tired...cranky...worn. Because of this, the song by Tenth Avenue North entitled "worn" has been playing in my head over and over lately. It really doesn't describe how I have felt lately (as the song is much more dramatic than how I really feel), but it plays again and again nonetheless. Not sleeping well at night, working all day and caring for my family is just wearing me out and I needed some good sleep (thankfully, as I write this and I can happily say that I was able to sleep through the night Friday, Saturday AND Sunday nights last weekend!!). Even though I am tired, I am trying to do my best to keep going and not just look forward to the moments of rest. I am trying to savor the moments with my amazing family and not miss out on the fleeting moments of my baby boy. Thus, every time the song Worn plays in my head, I've been trying to combat it with Slip on By by Finding Favour to remind myself that these moments will not last and I need to do my best to enjoy them and make the best of them...even when I can barely keep my eyes open.
Having said that, here is out our Worn-Out Week went:
Since the snow that we had in the last winter photos we took was pretty lame, on Saturday we decided to give the photo shoot another go with the new snow we had received a few days earlier.
After the photos, we headed over to the Rec Plex for another baby swim lesson.
When we got home, Asher & I took our Saturday naps (one of the best parts of swim lessons: a sleepy baby!).
After his nap, he was a happy boy, hamming it up like usual.
![]() |
| A mischievous look. |
Video: Wildman in his Jumperoo
Video: Apparently throwing a pen in the air is funny.
Sunday was a bit tiring. Asher needed a nap, but wasn't really into the idea. I was exhausted and wanted nothing more than some time to myself. Thankfully, Daddy came to the rescue to help us both out; giving Asher someone to pay attention to him and giving me some time alone. Later in the day, I took over to give Eric some time to himself, while Asher & I folded the laundry. He is a pretty good "helper" and also got to enjoy a spin around the house in the hamper! :)
![]() |
| Asher discovers static. Oooooo! :) |
Video: "Helping" with the laundry
When the laundry was over, we headed over the Culver's for a much-needed dinner & dessert date.
Video: Our little talker
On Monday, we finally got new car seats for Asher (who has already outgrown his infant seat at only 7 months old). After much research, I decided to go with the Recaro ProRide seats and hope that I made the right decision. So far Asher seems to like his new seats. Don't get me wrong, he still isn't crazy about being forced to sit still, but he does seem to like the extra room.
![]() |
| Asher in his new seat on his way to daycare on Tuesday morning. |
On Wednesday, Asher & I enjoyed my day off together. In the morning, I had to take Asher to get his booster flu shot, but he did great. He flinched when he got the shot and then let out a little cry. Then he was fine...what a tough guy! Afterwards, we headed over to Target to pick up some random items (& some Valentine's M&Ms for Daddy).
![]() |
| Asher taking a little nap after our morning errands. |
![]() |
| Asher enjoys his new armrests. |
When we got home from Target, Asher was asleep, and I thought I could successfully transfer him to his crib in the house. I almost made it, but then as he was laying in my lap in the nursery rocker, my phone rang, which was on vibrate directly under Asher's butt. He was a little startled by that, and by the 5th ring my chances for nap time were basically over. On the plus side, the phone call was from Eric who was calling to tell us that his lunch meeting was canceled and he was going to come home to visit us!
![]() |
| While on his lunch break, I made Eric change to get some "Heros" pictures with Asher. |
![]() |
| Asher & Daddy playing. |
Video: Playing with Daddy
That night, we went to the Olive Garden for dinner (that is after looking all over the house for over an hour for the $10 off certificate we had). We were not sure how it would go and if Asher would be cranky, but thankfully Asher did very well and we had a nice time...although I do hope to have a dinner out with just Eric someday soon because dinner with a baby is just not much of a date.
Before we left the Olive Garden, I decided to give Asher the lemon from my raspberry lemonade.
Video: When Life (or Mommy) Gives You Lemons...Eat 'Em! :)
On Thursday, it was Valentines Day but we didn't really do anything too special, since neither of us are big fans of the day. We both got some little valentine treats and I did get Asher a taggie toy and a new book. Then we headed to Qdoba for the annual Share a Kiss and Buy One Get One 1/2 Off Entree...unfortunately, I realized a few days later than we never got our 1/2 off. Bummer.
Finally, Friday came and we ended the week by enjoying dinner with some new and old friends from IBC. It was a really great time, and it was nice to get out and have some adult conversations for a little bit. We got home from dinner at around 9:30 and Asher went straight to bed and slept through the night!!! ...Thus ended the Week of the Worn. :)
+Baby+Life+-Me,+Asher,+Eric+&+Emma.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Emma+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment