Sunday, August 17, 2014

Toddler Tales Week 58: Growing Up Before Our Eyes

This week started and ended with some BIG boy moments (stifling a tear), with a few other firsts in between.  

On Sunday, Asher moved up from the Nursery to the Toddler Room (or Walker Nursery) at church!  Although it doesn't seem like a big deal, it did cause me pause as I wondered how my baby boy is already 2!  We were told that he did really well and Eric sneaked out of church for a minute to check on him and was a proud daddy to report that he was participating at the table with the bigger kids.


After church that day, he had a couple of other firsts...not huge, tear jerking firsts, but firsts nonetheless.
Not a first, but a random moment of Asher playing with our snorkling gear.  I was too late to get a picture of him walking around with it on, but he reminded me of Scuba Steve from Big Daddy.
Since I was too tired to make lunch after church, Daddy took over and Asher got a taste of his first Spaghetti O's (don't judge us).  Unfortunately, he loved them.
After nap time, Asher & Daddy enjoyed their first water fight...thankfully it didn't take to much convincing for Asher to realize that I wasn't taking part in their water fun.



Video: Water Fight

On Monday, we took Asher to his first baseball game.  Eric's firm had a company family outing to a Kenosha Kingfish game.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't really cooperative, as it was a rainy evening, but we did the best we could to make the most of it by enjoying the petting farm that they had and then watching a few innings before bedtime.


Video: Petting Zoo


Asher was a bit bored by the game as it is likely a bit hard for a two year old to follow, but he was VERY interested in the Kingfish mascot and watched him wherever he went.


Asher meeting the Kingfish
When Eric took a picture of Asher and the mascot, Asher didn't want to look away from the mascot, so the mascot turned his head toward the camera for Eric to take the picture!



On Tuesday, it was National Night Out and since our local participant was the church across the street from us we headed over for some free food and fun.

Checking out the fire truck.
Asher enjoying his free slushy.  He had one and dropped it when he was about 3/4 finished.  The lady giving them away saw and made him another before I could object, so he had TWO!  He was a bit wired that night!

On Wednesday, Asher and I got to enjoy our day off together, and we also got to enjoy the company of his three Klingenmaier cousins and Auntie Erika.  I couldn't help but think of the crazy times ahead with these four boys...especially if 'M' also turns out to be a boy!





After Wednesday, the excitement level of the week turned down for a couple of days, but it cranked back up on Friday with a visit from Grandma and Papa Klingenmaier.  Asher didn't realize it yet, but he was about to have his Biggest Big Boy Moment to date...a full 24 hours without Mommy OR Daddy!  On Saturday morning, we all headed out for breakfast together and then Eric and I went off to enjoy a weekend away to celebrate our 12th anniversary (& have a bit of a babymoon), while Asher spent the next day with Grandma and Papa.  Eric and I were a bit hesitant about leaving him, as we had never done so before, but we both wanted him to experience a night apart from us before it was mandatory when the baby comes, and honestly after 2 years of VERY few dates, we were ready for some time alone.  From the sounds of it, Asher had a great time attending a local car show with his grandparents (where he was happy to receive a free balloon and soccer ball) and also going to a Fun at the Beach Day in Crystal Lake, IL where he was able to spend the day with his cousins at the beach dancing the day away and hula hooping (I saw the videos on my Dad's phone, and was a bit sad to see that he barely missed us).  Eric and I also enjoyed our time alone together (more on that later), but I will admit that there were plenty of Asher story moments and I did try calling to check in a few times (although only one of my calls was ever answered...)

The boys enjoying a "bedtime snack"...a picture I received on my phone that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment