This week began with the end of our getaway weekend. Although we both had a wonderful time together in Chicago, we could not wait to get home to our little man. I would be lying though if I did not admit that as much as I missed him, I was happy he was sleeping when we got home so that we could get a little rest ourselves before normal (toddler) life continued.
As I said, while we were gone I had a great time with Eric, but also missed my little boy bit terribly, and a (big) part of me hoped that he missed us too. I was happy that he had a great time hanging out with Grandma and Papa for the weekend, but a little heartbroken that he seemed to barely notice that we were gone. That heartbreak continued when Asher woke up from his nap and only wanted to give Daddy some love! :(
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Playing with Daddy (a new thing he learned from Papa...hanging things from your ears) |
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Giving Daddy some Love |
Even though I felt a bit slighted by Asher's affections for Daddy, I did eventually get some love myself and then normal life was back up and running.
On Wednesday this week, Asher and I headed to the park for a fun Mommy-Son morning together. Asher exercised his big-boy nature by wanting to climb everything in sight. At the same time, however, he kept a very close eye on me and didn't want to ever be more than an arms reach away...especially after some bigger kids arrived at the park who, although were doing nothing wrong, seemed to greatly antimidate Asher.
Video: The Proper Way to Eat Corn
That evening we had corn-on-the-cob with our dinner again. A couple of weeks ago Grandpa Migrin sent Asher a video showing him the proper way to eat corn (typewriter style, "ding"). Asher thinks the video is hilarious and so Eric made a video of Asher to send back to Grandpa.
One Friday all I could think was "Slow Down" as we culminated the week with another Big Boy Milestone...Asher slept in his big boy bed for the first time!! As excited as Eric and I were to make the transition, and wanting to make sure it happened before 'M' arrives, it did put a bit of a lump in both of our throats, as we realized that our little boy is growing VERY QUICKLY. Just two years ago, he was just starting to sleep in his crib, and now he is sleeping in a twin bed all by himself! Where did the time go?
Anyway...when work was done that evening, Eric picked him up and they headed to Walmart to get some necessary supplies (bed rail, door locks and a pool noodle), while I headed home to finish touching up our paint job and cleaning up the room for Asher to move in.
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher trying on a life jacket at Walmart. he looks like one of the employees. |
It took some work to get everything ready, and Asher went to bed quite a bit later than normal, but Operation Big Boy Bed was a complete success! He didn't cry at all and stayed in his bed all night long until we came to get him the next morning! Eric and I were shocked how well it went, but also thrilled!
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Asher & I getting ready to say goodnight before his first night in his new bed. |
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Our little boy sleeping in his bed. |
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Rise and shine. Asher played in his bed until we came to get him. |
The next morning was Saturday and the end of Toddler Tales Week 59. We enjoyed a lazy family day including time at home, the
Sweet Corn Festival at Jerry Smith's Farm, and a pizza lunch at Sam's club...a great way to round out the week.
%2BToddler%2BTales%2BCorn%2BFestival%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Asher & I enjoying our corn. |
%2BToddler%2BTales%2BCorn%2BFestival%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher really liked the bubbles at the festival. |
%2BToddler%2BTales%2BCorn%2BFestival%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Asher & I on the hayride around the farm grounds. |
%2BToddler%2BTales%2BCorn%2BFestival%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Asher & Daddy at the Farm's playground |
No comments:
Post a Comment