On May 24th my littlest man turned 8 months old. Time is passing way too quickly! This month the changes my baby boy made were not as drastic as last month, but he continues to grow and learn daily. He now crawls much faster and is quite curious about everything although still not willing to stray to far from his Momma. He is starting to pull himself up and seems to think that the tub is the best place to practice despite my attempts to deter him. He is a good eater and LOVES his puffs. He is a very happy little guy and his smile sparks my heart even during my most exhausted or down moments. He loves the family and is a very nosy little guy who always needs to know what everyone is up to. He still isn't sleeping real great and gave me only a few full nights of sleep this month. Physically, he has grown about 1/2 an inch in length, 1/2 an inch in head size and gained about 10 ounces, now measuring 28.5" long, 18.25" head and 18 pounds 10 ounces. He continues to say Mama once in awhile and I believe I have also heard him say "ba" (aka ball) as he plays with his favorite type of toy (he can often be seen crawling/pulling around the house with a ball (or another toy) between his arms).
Other than that, there isn't much to share about this month but we are crazy in love with him and enjoy watching him take in the world. He continues to have a very dramatic personality and seems to react very strongly to the things we experience whether it be extreme happiness, utter sadness, etc. As an example to this (before I share his 8 month photo shoot), I have a quick story of something that happened during Memorial Day Weekend, which surprisingly showcased him being totally terrified by the tingler.
For those reading this that do not know, the Tingler is a contraption made of a bunch of copper wires wrapped together to form a handle at the top, which you place down on top of your head, giving you a strange tingling sensation. It is a peculiar feeling, but in no way bad. While I was sitting in the living room with Avery, Uncle Rob came up to us with the tingler and placed it on Avery's head. He had barely touched the surface of his head when he stopped and I saw a look of scared surprise on Rob's face. Although Avery's back was to me, I know him and his personality well enough to know what was happening. I saw is cheeks fall and asked Rob, "Is he going to cry?". As soon as the words came out of my mouth Avery put out a gigantic pouty lip and started to scream and cry. Apparently the Tingler had completely terrified him. In the 8 months of his life, I had only seen him react that strongly to things or cry that hard a few times. He was inconsolable and took me several minutes to calm him down. When he had finally calmed down, I told him that we would get Uncle Robby back to get even. I took the tingler and placed it on Rob's head, thinking nothing of it. At that point though I learned that Avery wasn't only scared of getting the tingler on his head (& the strange feeling it provides) but he was terrified of the Tingler itself. Just my act of touching Rob with it set him off all over again and required several more minutes of snuggling and comforting to calm him down...a reaction that none of us would have anticipated (both times)...my silly little Drama King.

































No comments:
Post a Comment