This week was largely about celebrating with some other (good & bad) moments mixed in...
First, on Tuesday we celebrated my Dad's 63rd birthday and the boys and I sent him a birthday message:
On Wednesday the boys and I celebrated Eric's 35th birthday with some Red Robin and an ice cream cake.
 |
| Asher with his Daddy...he was really snuggly tonight & apparently missed his best buddy. |
On Saturday we celebrated Asher's 3rd birthday a bit early with family during a combined party with his cousin Caleb (more on that later) and since Eric's parents were in town we also celebrated Eric's birthday and my upcoming birthday with them as well.
 |
| Yes, I got a Bulk-size box of brownies...my MIL knows me well! ;) |
On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day with both Eric and his Dad (after getting to wish my Dad a happy day the night before).
 |
| Gramps reading his card from the boys. |
 |
| Father's Day gifts for the amazing father of my boys! |
 |
| Since Eric has mostly taken over story time with Asher while I put Avery to bed, 'Asher' got him a silly book for them to read together. I don't think they've had a chance to read it yet, but it is "The Book with No Pictures" and I think Eric will do a great job making our little guy(s) laugh when the time comes! |
 |
| We got Daddy another book too: Volume 3 of "I Love You Because"...all the reasons we love Eric with the best pictures of him and the boys from the past year! |
 |
| When we were first married and several of my friends had small children, many of them loved how Eric would play with the kids but cringed at some of the things the kids picked up. They teased us that someday when we had kids they would come and teach our kids the same things, but Eric always said that they wouldn't need to, because he will teach his own kids! :) Well, that time has come, and I can assure you Eric never lied. Our kids are learning all the same things, including the oldies that I believe almost all (if not all) dads have taught their kids at some point. I can't say I'm proud of it, but I am proud of him and the love and silliness that he gives our boys. |
 |
| That said...since Asher now knows what "Pull My Finger" means, I thought that this was an appropriate gift for the boys to give Eric as well! |
 |
| The boys, their Daddy and his Daddy |
 |
| Father's Day Relaxation |
Video: Avery & Daddy
For the "bad" moments, there weren't many other than that it was very apparent that Asher got his accident-prone genes from me. On the Sunday before this week, I was holding Avery when he knocked a wooden lobster off of Asher's dresser and it fell claw first onto my little toe, taking a chunk with it and resulting in shooting pain and an immediately swollen toe. Then, a day or two later Asher ran up to me very excited about something and jumped right on the same toe! On Wednesday, I had my day off but sent the boys to daycare until after nap time so that I could work on getting ready for the party. While I was working on some decorations, I cut a chunk of my hand off with the kitchen shears...again major ouch! I will spare you the gory details, but I would have never believed a small cut like that could bleed so much! Finally, on Thursday I was grocery shopping in preparation for the party when I quickly tried to turn the cart out of someone's way, running it right over the same little toe again!!! ...yep, pretty sure Asher got it from me!
For the other "good" moments we enjoyed playing at home...
Video: Avery's Growl to Daddy
(2) Videos: Cannonballs in the Pool
 |
| Check out the drool on this one! |
 |
| Eric & Asher playing with his new toy. |
and playing at the park...
and playing with friends & family...
 |
| Avery giving "Mirror Baby" kisses... |
 |
| ...Very.Wet.Kisses. |
Video: Avery & Mirror Baby
 |
| Playing Pat-a-Cake with Grandma |
Video: Sleepy Baby
Avery had so much fun with all his grandparents on Saturday morning that by lunch time, he couldn't keep his eyes open any longer...
 |
| Avery & Grammy |
 |
| Gramps & the boys |
 |
| We finally got around to taking our Spring family picture...on the first day of Summer (& Asher was not in the mood for photos). |
 |
| Lunch at Big Star |
 |
| Waving goodbye to Gramps & Grammy |
...it was another pretty great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment