There were days before having children that seemed to take forever; weeks that I thought would never end as I waited for the weekend to arrive. In the last three years though, that has not been the case. Time goes so quickly now and every week seems like just a day in comparison. When life gets busy (and I mean beyond the day-to-day, as every day is quite busy), there is jut not enough time in a day and getting things done is difficult...finding time left for blogging, basically impossible. That is how this time of year is for me every year now. When Memorial Day is over, it means that I have about 2 1/2 weeks to get ready for Eric's birthday, Father's Day and Asher's Birthday and at that point then all other non-essential things on my list are pushed aside for when time is more abundant.
...All this to say that I have been VERY busy lately and now that Father's Day, Eric's Birthday and Asher's (early) Birthday Party are over, I have a little bit of extra time to catch up...so here goes...
A Team Week 37 (June 1-June 7, 2015)
These days, Avery is quite mobile and when he isn't following me around, he is usually getting into trouble. He loves to pull the night light from the outlet and I was told today that he kept pulling the carbon monoxide detector from the wall at daycare all afternoon. On Monday of this week, I needed to get dinner ready so I introduced him to the pot and pan cabinet. He was in awe, and when he tired of looking at his reflecting in the pots and banging on them, he came over to help me with the dishes.
Video: Fun with Pots
That evening when we checked the mail, we found another note from our neighbor Marge with $5 in it thanking Eric for mowing her neighbor's (very tall) grass (because they were moving out and apparently decided they didn't care about doing so any more) and telling us to go get some ice cream on her. We took her up on the offer and headed out to Dairy Queen for a family treat after dinner.
 |
| FYI: Marge is our favorite person on the street and her notes always make us smile. This one was particularly entertaining: "Thank you Eric for cutting the tall grass...all eyes on long grass..-but the dog used front yard and they did not clean up after dog. Eric doing bare feet type cutting. Have an ice cream treat with family." |
 |
| Crazy ice cream eyes! |
Video: Balloon Joy
Avery very excited to play with the smile face balloon (when Asher wasn't around of course!)
On Wednesday, I enjoyed my day off with the boys and my friend Richenda came over with her newest little guy to visit for a while. We had a nice time catching up while my little guys played. Toward the end, Avery started to get hungry so I got him some puffs to entertain him, which worked quite well. When I had decided he'd had enough, I placed the puffs on the stairs to put them out of his reach...or so I thought. Soon afterward, my littlest guy (only a week past 8 months old) was climbing the stairs! Yikes...he is growing WAY TO FAST!!
Richenda and baby K left our house around lunch and then we enjoyed some good naps and spent the rest of the afternoon outside blowing bubbles in the backyard and chasing a giant ball around the park (which Asher loved as he and Mommy got to have some fun one-on-one play as Avery watched from the sidelines in his stroller).
 |
| Love how Avery watches Big Bro's every move! :) |
 |
| Asher at the park, "Momma sit right here...next to me!" <3 |
 |
| ...just a swingin' |
Now that Avery is mobile but still wants to be at my side most of the time, I figure I might as well put him to work...he makes a good little helper!
Finally on Wednesday, Asher had the quote of the week...Looking at him whose face was filthy I ask, "Buddy, what's all over your face?" His response: "Germs". I didn't even know he knew that word and proudly think I must be doing a good job if my two year old knows about germs! ...fast forward a few minutes to find Asher is pretending to brush his teeth with the bristles of the garage floor broom! Boys!
On Thursday night after work, Eric had a meeting so the boys and I played outside together for a while and Asher finally figured out how to peddle his bike! Yay!
Avery not only does stairs, but this week, he also mastered pulling himself up! I really forgot how quickly time goes by. Seems like just yesterday he was my little newborn!
When the weekend came, we rounded out a good week with some great family time including our typical fun at home and a picnic lunch at the Kensosha Outta Sight Kite Flight Festival.
 |
| Avery stuck in the oven! |
Video: Sassy Boy
Avery Climbing the Stairs
 |
| I asked Asher to get me a diaper for Avery... |
 |
| Eric & Asher at the Kite Festival. Love these boys!! |
 |
| The weather this year was PERFECT. It was a gorgeous sunny day and there was just enough breeze to fly the kites but not so much that it was cold or too strong for the inexperienced fliers. This was our 5th year in attendance and it was by far the best so far...there were kites flying everywhere you looked! |
 |
| Asher & Eric sitting under the giant octopus |
 |
| Avery liked being under the octopus too...until the tentacles touched us...then he was FREAKED! |
 |
| While we were at the park, we ran into some friends from church: The McGowans & the Harolds. |
 |
| Eric & Asher running under the giant octopus...this was BEFORE a bunch of kids that saw them do this got into trouble for being under the large kite, but we were far away from it by then! |
 |
| Asher's face on this picture is too funny! |
 |
| My boys enjoying our picnic lunch. |
 |
| Before we headed home, I got out the small kite that I had purchased from the Dollar Store for Asher to try flying. Although it wasn't the most stable kite, my little guy was able to have his first kite-flying experience (something I didn't have until just a few years ago) and keep his erratic kite in the air! |
 |
| Little man flying a kite for the first time! |
Video: First Kite Flying
 |
| When our kite fun drew to a close, we headed over to the lake for a little more fun before heading home for nap time. |
 |
| You can't go to the lake without throwing a stone in! |
 |
| Me & my little loves |
Finally, we closed out the week on Sunday with a relaxing day at home...
 |
| After mastering the stairs and pulling himself up, Avery decided he wasn't done yet and spent much of the day working on his head stands!? ...he would spend several minutes at a time with his head on the floor and his butt in the air! |
 |
| Froggy's are cute...especially on little baby bums! 8) |
Video: Best.Baby Swing.Ever
 |
| After nap time, we introduced Avery to the water table. It was a Splashing Success! |
Video: A Splashing Success!
 |
| When the rain came, Eric took the boys into the garage to play while he straightened up. Asher got the water table and Avery got a water stroller. |
 |
| SOOOOO HAPPY!!!! |
 |
| Eventually though they were so wet, it just didn't matter anymore, so they enjoyed the warm water falling from the sky!...the perfect end to an Outta Sight Week! |
No comments:
Post a Comment