Sunday, June 7, 2015

The A Team Week 36: A Wittle Bit

After our weekend in Michigan for Memorial Day, the week following went by extremely quick.  Since I hadn't worked on Monday I had to work the rest of the week so we didn't really get a break from "the grind" until the weekend, which was part rainy (but good) family time and part sunny (but not so good) time.  Because of this, I don't really have a lot to write about for the week itself so I've decided to use this entry to update on a "wittle bit" (as Asher frequently says) of the stories that have been happening in our lives that I have not yet shared along with the memorable moments of the week.

First of a all, a few weeks ago as I was leaving work I pulled out of the parking lot (or "walking lot" as Asher would call it) and onto the road to head home.  As I did so I noticed a strange sight: A wild turkey walking around the lawn of the apartments next to our office building...not a common site for someone that works in town.  Later that evening, Asher and I were playing on an iPad game together that he loves which shows a picture of an animal and then when you click it, it makes that sound that that animal makes.  As we were going through the pictures, we came across a turkey and I told Asher that I had seen one of those at work earlier that day.  He was very interested in this event and had lots of questions that continued for days (and even still).  

As I've mentioned before, Asher tends to call things what they sound like or do (i.e. a hammer is a "knocker", his music maker is "do-do", a penguin is a "waddle", a rooster is a "cock de doodle do", etc.).  I believe since the Turkey reminds him of a chicken, he now calls it a "Buckin" (aka buck, buck, buck!).  At the start of this week, when I arrived at work, there was a bunny on the sidewalk at the front door.  I took a picture of it for Asher and showed it to him that night.  Although a bunny sighting is not nearly as exciting as a turkey, he still was excited and now always asks me what I'm gonna see at work.  



Later in the week, Asher asked me one morning if I would see a "Buckin" at work that day.  I said I didn't know and then proceeded to say, "buck, buck, buck" like a chicken.  He looked at me sternly and said, "not so loud! Don't wake Abry".  At this point, I'm pretty sure he is confused about my job and now thinks I work at the zoo.  In fact, earlier this week he asked me if I would see a giraffe at work that day.  Well, unfortunately I did not see a giraffe, but surprisingly the turkey was back!  As my coworkers and I sat at our desks working, we heard gobbling outside and sure enough, our wild turkey was back.  This time I got a picture of him!

Another thing that I love about Asher lately is that he has recently been much more affectionate.  Although he has no problem giving hugs and kisses if I ask for them, he rarely initiates any sort of affections.  On the Friday before Memorial Day though as he walked out of the house with Eric to go to daycare, he yelled back at me and said, "I wub you Momma!" and blew me kisses!!  My heart melted!  Since then, he has been giving me more random (unrequested) hugs and kisses and telling me he loves me completely unprompted!  I "wub" it!  :)

For the week itself, this week the weather was beautiful and the boys got to finally sport some of their summer wear.  For Avery, that means he got to show off some outfits that we had received for Asher but the seasons were not right for.  He was lookin' pretty adorable if I do say so myself! ;)


Start 'em young, right?


On Friday night, we enjoyed a simple and cheap family night together, but you would have thought it was the greatest night ever with Asher's actions.  Per his request, we had dinner at Taco Bell and then we went to Menards to get some flowers and paint (as if I don't have enough to do already...I really need more projects?)
Asher enjoying the patio furniture at Menards...one of his favorite places to hang out.
Video: Avery Discovers His Tongue
On Friday night, Avery apparently discovered his tongue and was doing all sorts of strange things with it...

When the weekend came, the beautiful weather came to a halt.  On Saturday it was a dreary, rainy day, but that did not stop us from having some fun family time together.  We enjoyed a great lazy day playing at home and being productive and then after rest time we headed to Sam's Club for some shopping and free samples.  Eric also got pretzels for him and Asher and shared a "wittle bit" of the middle with Avery...he LOVED it!!  He could not get enough of it and for the first time ever I was completely chopped liver and Eric was his little universe...at least until the pretzel was all gone!
Avery pulling up to check out the contents of the toy box.  Endless opportunities he previously did not know existed.

My boys at Sam's Club...Avery staring Eric down for a pretzel.

(2) Videos: Avery and the Pretzel



When we were done at Sam's club we headed over to Walmart for some groceries (because there is only so much you can get at Sam's) and Asher & I found this...A kid-size gator!!  Too Awesome!
So, as I said Saturday was a great day despite the rain, but unfortunately all good things much come to an end and Sunday was to be frank pretty terrible.  I was feeling very stressed/overwhelmed/exhausted/irritated/etc.  It just wasn't a good day.  I had hoped that church might change that, but unfortunately I think it made it worse.  Eric and I were assigned to help out in the infant nursery that morning and for us and one other helper (3 total) we had 8 babies to care for during church that all wanted their mommies and needed naps.  For about an hour and a half we were in shear survival mode to keep the babies from crying as much as possible and to keep them from setting off one another.  At one point, I had a baby in each arm and Avery (who wasn't impressed that he had to share his momma) crawling up my lap.  Good times.  As the day continued, things really didn't get any better, but we survived the nursery and we survived the day.  Sometimes, that is just how it goes...you just have to endure...for "a wittle bit".

No comments:

Post a Comment