Our Wednesday off together wasn't completely normal though as we spent the morning in Illinois visiting friends. We had a great time playing at a park in Gurnee and enjoying lunch at my friend Richenda's home with her, my friend Britni and all of our kids. Man, do we miss our K-Town friends! :(
We returned from Illinois in the early afternoon, enjoyed a rest time (well I did, not sure if they boys enjoyed their time or not), and then spent the remainder of the day playing and straightening up around the house. At one point, I wasn't sure where Asher was and hadn't seen him in a while. After searching the house, I looked outside to find him up in the tree making a 'rocket' blast off from the ground. He truly is our little Andrew Henry!
Video: Blast-Off!
In the evening, Eric and I closed out our attempt to find a new house. We looked at a few homes in the area that night but after searching for the past several months and finding nothing we really like in our price range, and having only a few weeks until Asher begins school we called it quits. We did have an accepted offer on our home, but they had decided they no longer wanted to wait for us to find something and asked to get out of the contract. We obliged and now plan to stay in our home at least until next Spring, depending on how the school year goes. It is kind of bitter sweet. Throughout the whole process I really haven't wanted to move, but now that it is over I am surprisingly disappointed as there were things about moving I was looking forward to such as a little more space inside and out, a better school and even the idea of getting to do a little remodeling again. Thus, I am still keeping my eye out for the perfect home, but with the current housing market I am not hopefull that anything will come up that we can afford.
![]() |
| Asher & Avery playing in the back yard of a home we toured. |
Although, I can't afford the home I'd like to have I do work on homes daily that consistently floor me on what it must be like to have some extra cash lying around. This week I went to one very nice home on Lake Michigan all I could think is that I would love to enjoy the amazing view of this home on a daily basis!
This week I also got a stool for Avery to use in our bathroom so that he can now reach the sink on his own. He was thrilled and now one of his favorite things to do is to brush his teeth!
On Saturday of this week, Asher was able to have another 'first'. On their typical weekend Meijer run, Asher had it in his mind that he wanted to purchase something on his own with some of his own money. Up to this point I have placed all the money he has received either in his piggy bank or in his savings account. Since he is five now though and needs to start understanding how money works, I decided this was a good teaching opportunity. Therefore, we gave him $15 of his money and told him that he could purchase whatever he wanted with it (with Daddy's final approval of course). Eric and I both did our best to explain to him what it means to be responsible with money and Eric tried to help him pick something that he might enjoy for more than a few seconds after the purchase. From what I've heard the decision was difficult, but in the end, Asher purchased a red remote-controlled monster truck and was VERY excited about his purchase!
![]() |
| A VERY hard decision |
![]() |
| The boys also had to pick up some donuts and were very excited (all of them...including Eric) by all of the creative donuts to choose from that morning... |
![]() |
| Asher's Purchase |
He took his truck outside to play with in the driveway and when he realized that his little brother was a little envious, he ran into the house and got his old remote controlled car and gave it to Avery. They were both happy little boys! <3
That evening, Eric and I made an exciting purchase of our own...a new grill! The old one wasn't doing very well and with grills being clearanced out in most stores this time of year we were able to find a nice one for about half of its original price.
We finished out the week on Sunday by enjoying relaxing day at home. Eric assembled the new grill in the driveway while the boys played outside. When it was time to clean up everything from the grill's packaging they found a mouse under the grill's box. Thus, Asher and Avery spent the remainder of the day building a mouse trap out of string and an empty cereal box in the attempt to catch our new little "friend". We had dinner that night from our new grill and then the boys cleaned up the yard. Before bed though, Eric looked at the trash can, where they'd thrown away the mouse trap only to find the mouse sitting on top of the trap in the trash can. To say the boys were thrilled by this finding is an understatement. ;)




























No comments:
Post a Comment